• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Along the lines of another post: What player RACES would you like to see added to 5e?

Well, drow are already in, but the others would be good.

In terms of what I would really like to see, mainly the ones from older campaigns. So

Thri-Kreen
Mul
Half-Giant (and actually be BIG, not re-skinned goliaths)
Bauriar
Rogue Modron
Warforged
Changeling
Shifter

I know the last three appeared in a UA article, but were pretty weak/bland.

Otherwise kobolds, goblinoids, and lizardfolk would be nice for more cosmopolitan settings where alignment isnt race determined (Eberron, Al-Quadim, etc).

eamon

Explorer
I kind of like having a somewhat recognizable list of races (I wouldn't mind there being fewer), so I'd be for no more core races, and instead races tied to campaign settings where they can get the rich backstory they deserve. E.g. Mul for darksun; or warforged for Eberron. I like it when game choices are really distinct from each other, and the more you add, the more it turns into a bit of a mush of reused themes.

It's probably just me - but I'd vote for restraint, and for races that are strongly differentiated from the core. I'd prefer something slightly unbalanced over boring.

Last edited:

Remove ads