D&D 5E Alsandor [Recruitment Closed/OOC]

KDUBS

First Post
oh :):):):), I totally forgot that part of DnD because I NEVER use it because I think it's stupid a laborious. You do not need to use items, materials or what have you (like a 100g pearl) to cast a spell. It's just too much too tack, it makes things difficult and it's a lot of money to do stuff. Sorry if you like that about the game but as a DM and player I always ignore that and play without it.

TallIan

Explorer
oh :):):):), I totally forgot that part of DnD because I NEVER use it because I think it's stupid a laborious. You do not need to use items, materials or what have you (like a 100g pearl) to cast a spell. It's just too much too tack, it makes things difficult and it's a lot of money to do stuff. Sorry if you like that about the game but as a DM and player I always ignore that and play without it.

I actually don't mind it so much in this edition, I think they have done a pretty good job, by not always consuming the item. I might use the ingredients anyway, it's not like we're going to be identifying much at this level.

Also, I'll PM some starting stuff tomorrow. Off to bed now

TallIan

Explorer
V human Dex fighter urchin going arcane trickster with charisma/face skills. Sort of a fighter-thief-mage con artist
V human archer, Ftr, Going UA Scout with UA ranger natural explorer feature. Hermit bg his discovery has brought him to the city.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

I think the urchin sounds like it could be fun, though possibly a little MAD (Dex Int and Cha)?

TallIan

Explorer
Norbrit's sheet is all tidied up and posted in the RG. Since this is my first 5e fighter, I certainly wouldn't mind an extra set of eyes or two to go over him to make sure I didn't screw him up too badly. Thanks!

Looks like a typo rather than anything serious but you've referred to him as a fighter 3 inside the detailed character sheet. Everything else seems to be 2

TallIan

Explorer
I live in the UK it's 2213 here.

People just post at whatever time suits them. It means some things take weeks to resolve.

But on the plus side you can participate in your spare time, waiting for the bus or whatever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

KDUBS

First Post
what if the story moves along without a character being there? or if something climactic happens and there's only one participant?

TallIan

Explorer
Sometimes the DM remote controls the character, if they are on holiday or have just been quite.

You need a bit of patience, if you post a climactic scene, you have to wait for everyone to have a chance to see it and post.

Pbp is not a real time RPG experience, it is S L O W, if you are lucky everyone will post once a day or so.

TallIan

Explorer
It has pros and cons.

There is no way I could DM one and play in five games IRL. but it's doable here.

I'm not very quick with off the cuff stories and in game anecdotes, but PbP gives me a bit of time to properly form my ideas.

Remove ads