Alternative monk: the bruiser

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Nellisir said:
Would you mind if I added a copyright entry into my OGL stating something along the lines of: "Bruiser core class, Copyright 2006 Dr Awkward"? I have AE in my S.15 already (my wiki's S.15s are about 3 printed pages, and still doesn't cover all my books); if you're fairly certain AE was the only source you drew from, then that's good enough for me.

I don't want this to be a hassle for you. You can email me at nellisir at comcast dot net if you want a different name in the copyright or anything.

I used the SRD and AE. Personal info email sent.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Oh hey, after only 10.5 months I've found this thread again and lo and behold! the table is up! Sweet, though I wish I had realized this a while ago. Oh well, better late than never!

FunkBGR

Explorer
Hey Dr. Awkward -

Just thought I'd let you know someone's playing one in my Age of Worms game. They started about a month ago.

FunkBGR

Explorer
The guy's only 2nd level - but so far, he's loving it, the rest of the group loves it, and he doesn't feel like a monk. He feels like a fighter-type. The group often talks about how he's one of the tanks, but just needs to be watched more because his AC isn't that great at the moment.

Edit: I'll post something more when I have some more concrete - they just turned lvl 2 as a group about a session ago. I do know that we had a bypassing of DR issue come up, that the bruiser mitigated by doing his strike.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
FunkBGR said:
The guy's only 2nd level - but so far, he's loving it, the rest of the group loves it, and he doesn't feel like a monk. He feels like a fighter-type. The group often talks about how he's one of the tanks, but just needs to be watched more because his AC isn't that great at the moment.

Edit: I'll post something more when I have some more concrete - they just turned lvl 2 as a group about a session ago. I do know that we had a bypassing of DR issue come up, that the bruiser mitigated by doing his strike.
That's great. Do keep me posted. Incidentally, my party is also just starting Age of Worms. I'll bet I know on what creature he bypassed the DR.

Remove ads