• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Amazon Delay until JULY 22nd

Argyuile

First Post
I got this e-mail this morning, I removed my order #

---------------------------------------------

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on May 14 2008 08:18 PDT
(Order# xxxxxxx). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

Wizards RPG Team (Author) "Dungeons and Dragons Core Rulebook Gift
Set, 4th Edition [Box set]" [Hardcover]
Estimated arrival date: 07/22/2008

----------------------------------------------------------

I can't even begin to describe how angry I am. Its to early to call around and see if anyone else has the books. This discount was nice but its not worth waiting 7 weeks after release to get my books.

I don't even know what else to say about this.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Try ordering just the core books (not the gift set) from Amazon. They have them in stock currently. Get it by Monday if you get one day shipping in the next 8 hours.

Thaumaturge.

Nebulous

Legend
I canceled mine too, but it was an early July estimate. I preordered the gift set in March so i was surprised at the delay. I reordered from Overstock, and it's shipped already, but there's no tracking so i won't have it until next week sometime. I mean, there IS some UPS tracking, but it's not giving me any information, even after two days.

Argyuile

First Post
I tried to complain via e-mail customer service and it keeps telling me my order number is wrong. I retyped - cut and pasted I removed dashes still the same thing.

I think its because I haven't checked the box thats on my order now that says "Sure go ahead and keep bending me over for another month :)!!" So I went ahead and filed a complaint with the BBB and then canceled my order. Since apparently they don't want me even E-mailing them.

Fanatic

First Post
I emailed the guys at amazon, not only did they refund me $10 for the extended delay but assured me it was a posting error and the books would be in my hand in less than 10 days (Australia)

Keltheos

First Post
Amazon pulled that on me when I pre-ordered the Dark Heresy rulebook. The email should read "Hay, we didn't anticipate this many orders, so we screwed up and didn't order enough. We're using some arcane formula to decide who does and doesn't get theirs first and are letting you unlucky sods know you're on the 'not getting' list. Oh, and hey, if for some reason WotC can't fill our request or you're left high and dry come July 22, you'll be getting ANOTHER email from us posting a further delay. Shoulda just sucked it up and gone into a LGS and bought them, huh?" Wink.

Denaes

First Post
If you don't care about the set, you can have them give you the same price for the 3 individual books and rush it. They are working with people.

I ordered mine on Feb 27 and just got a notice that they'll ship in the next day.

If I got that notice that I'd have to wait another month, I would tell them to ship me the three individual books instead.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Keltheos said:
Amazon pulled that on me when I pre-ordered the Dark Heresy rulebook. The email should read "Hay, we didn't anticipate this many orders, so we screwed up and didn't order enough. We're using some arcane formula to decide who does and doesn't get theirs first and are letting you unlucky sods know you're on the 'not getting' list. Oh, and hey, if for some reason WotC can't fill our request or you're left high and dry come July 22, you'll be getting ANOTHER email from us posting a further delay. Shoulda just sucked it up and gone into a LGS and bought them, huh?" Wink.

For what it's worth, my LGS was sold out on release day too. Tons of people came in for the Worldwide Game Day the next day, got excited about the new rules, and then were told they had to wait for a restock.

Zinovia

Explorer
My gift set was also delayed, but has since shipped and I should be receiving the books today. Amazon didn't have enough of the gift sets to fill all the pre-orders for them, but they do have the individual volumes. If you reorder those, you will probably get them in a day or two with the right shipping method.

So why am I getting a box set from Amazon and others who pre-ordered are not? I ordered mine on November 21, 2007. Amazon is currently listing the availability of the box set as July 17. I'm assuming that's the date they expect to get more from WotC since they either massively under-ordered, or WotC wasn't able to deliver the number needed (still Amazon's fault if they don't pre-order from the publishers).

Remove ads