• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ampersand 381

Rechan

Adventurer
So, two things of note.

1) The Castle Ravenloft boardgame is just the first boardgame they have slated. The elements of the boardgame will be interchangable, too. The next one (which hasn't been announced) is due out in November.

2) The Combat Styles for Martial Power 2. The Combat Styles function mechanically like the Divine/Domain feats from Divine power, but center around weapon usage. The "Lesser" Combat style feat modifies an At-Will and gives a bonus to a skill, and a "Greater" combat style feat modifies attacks and grants extra damage.

Also:

3) I suspect that the Warlord build for MP2 is going to be ranged, given that it's got an At-Will that the bow feat effects.

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Big Things, Big Packages, and Combat Styles)

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
Also, I need to go through the Gladiator/Art of the Kill article. I think I've seen the "Black Hood" style pop up before. It makes me think that they are a few groups that are being fleshed out with sprinkles.

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
I bet "Paint the Bull's Eye" is the power that was once previewed as "Feather Me Yon Oaf." I've been waiting for a ranged Commander's Strike for a while and I hope that's it. Also very happy to see the distinct possibility of a ranged warlord build and feats that modify encounter powers. Combine this with the Martial Rituals displayed a couple months ago and MP2 is far and away the most anticipated upcoming book for me.

SlimeGuru42

Explorer
The best thing was finding out that Martial Power 2 has ranged warlord powers and feats that let you use some specific melee powers at range.

Rechan

Adventurer
Also very happy to see the distinct possibility of a ranged warlord build
Indeed, I've been waiting for ages. A commander who stands in the back rather than the front of the army is appropriate to me. :)

1) The Castle Ravenloft boardgame is just the first boardgame they have slated. The elements of the boardgame will be interchangable, too. The next one (which hasn't been announced) is due out in November.

ok, maybe I am being dumb here, or maybe I am miss reading it (I am currently just shy of 24 hours awake and not use to that anymore) but are the mini's and boards from these going to be compadable with dungon tiles and D&D minis, becuse if so this sounds like a broader appeal way to reintro DDM as a board game type set up...and an evil ;) trick to get me to buy it just to get strad and a draco lich mini...

WalterKovacs

First Post
The best thing was finding out that Martial Power 2 has ranged warlord powers and feats that let you use some specific melee powers at range.

Yeah, the greater style feat seems like a convenient way of adding more powers to a "new" ranged warlord build. There is no indication that it changes the attack stat to Dex, so it's possible it uses Dex as a secondary stat.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Hmm the board game is quite interesting. and the tomb of horrors.

I'm a little weary of spalts now; so the character options - power books - don't excite me anymore. I never get to play anyway. <sigh> Maybe when google wave hits the big time.

Remove ads