• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An E6 oriental/western game (replacement needed) - last call for bento

mfrench

First Post
Ryan Stoughton said:
This game looks awesome. Hope the play goes well too.
Thanks. So far, so good. I've mined many of these ideas from you, so these guys have you to thank if it is enjoyable.
[sblock=GlassEye]Your people were killed during the sandstorm by an evil Oni with a jackal-head; he vanished, and you found your horse and took up the swords of you fathers. The scroll clutched in your father's hand was a prophecy dealing with a water spirit of great wisdom, along with a map. Perhaps this spirit can guide you to find and slay the Oni who ruined your family. Taking up the trail, you found much destruction in his wake. Finally, the path led you east to the old imperial lands, where a horde of fire-oni were destroying a village. You helped the survivors fight their way out with the aid of a shugenja (bento's PC). He spoke of an oni similar to the one you had seen. After leading away the refugees to safety, you two are on a search for the Oni or the water spirit (or both). The search has led you to this valley, which has a lake at the center which may match with the map.[/sblock] I hope that agrees with your vision for Kerim.

mfrench

First Post
Excellent.

I'm wondering if maybe I should try to revive the Traveler's Prologue. That way I could include some other PCs while developing introductions to the Tor at a reasonable rate. Otherwise, I will just tell you what happened to bring you to the tor, and ramp up the introduction rate. The prologue would add the Beguiler soon, and then the ninja, so it would involve about half the group. If it is revived, the shugenja/ranger pair would arrive next at the tor, so basically everyone has somewhere to post.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Amazing Triangle

First Post
mfrench said:
Excellent.

I'm wondering if maybe I should try to revive the Traveler's Prologue. That way I could include some other PCs while developing introductions to the Tor at a reasonable rate. Otherwise, I will just tell you what happened to bring you to the tor, and ramp up the introduction rate. The prologue would add the Beguiler soon, and then the ninja, so it would involve about half the group. If it is revived, the shugenja/ranger pair would arrive next at the tor, so basically everyone has somewhere to post.

What are people's thoughts on this?

Next to be introduced..REVIVE!!! I mean I am not trying to start or anything... :p

mfrench

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle, DrZombie, bento: please move your PCs to the OOC thread.

Once everyone is checked in there, the idea is that there are going to be a couple of things going on until everyone is brought to the same place.

The IC thread: Master Chen is there, and Kerim and Otaru would be introduced next.
The Prologue: Li and Ryo are in it, and they would be joined by Kenji basically immediately. (In fact, I might cut to him there in the next post tonight).
This only leaves out Sen. For him, I plan on feeding him further background information until he reaches the one (or both) of the other threads. We can do this on the OOC thread if that's alright with you.

That would get everyone involved with something effectively as soon as they check in at OOC. I will do my honest best to update each of them at least once a day, which I've been able to do IC.

The other alternative is to bring people into the tor as fast as possible, but I'd be dictating lots of actions which the PCs might have some input into.

Either way, please let me know your inclination one way or the other.

Edit: GlassEye, Amazing: your votes have been cast, you will be taken care of soon.

Last edited:

Remove ads