• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

An E6 oriental/western game (replacement needed) - last call for bento

DrZombie

First Post
[sblock=temp charsheet]

Li

Male Shifter (Longstride)Monk 2
Lawful Good
Representing DrZombie
Conviction points : 6
Death flag inactive

Strength 12 (+1)
Dexterity 18 (+4)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 12 (+1)
Wisdom 14 (+2)
Charisma 6 (-2)
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 115 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Gray; Curly; Thick Beard / Hirsute

Total Hit Points: 17

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 16 = 10 +4 [dexterity] +2 [wisdom]

Touch AC: 16
Flat-footed: 12
Initiative modifier: +4 = +4 [dexterity]
Fortitude save: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [constitution]
Reflex save: +7 = 3 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Will save: +5 = 3 [base] +2 [wisdom]

Attack (handheld): +2 = 1 [base] +1 [strength]
Weapon Finesse: +5 = 1 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Flurry of Blows: +3/+3
Attack (missile): +5 = 1 [base] +4 [dexterity]
Grapple check: +2 = 1 [base] +1 [strength]

Light load:43 lb. or less
Medium load:44-86 lb.
Heavy load:87-130 lb.
Lift over head:130 lb.
Lift off ground:260 lb.
Push or drag:650 lb.

Region of Origin: Monastery of the Singing Phoenix
Languages: Common, Celestial.

Unarmed Damage: 1d6 +4 [strength]

Quarterstaff [1d6/1d6, crit x2, 4 lb., two-handed, bludgeoning]

Sling [1d4, crit x2, range inc. 50 ft., 0 lb, bludgeoning]

Feats:

Combat Reflexes [monk]
Improved Unarmed Strike [monk]
Stunning Fist [monk]
Weapon Finesse
Precise strike

Traits:

Appraise Int 1 = +1
Balance Dex* 10 = +4 +2 +2 [tumble] +2 [shifter]
Bluff Cha -2 = -2
Climb Str* 5 = +1 +2 +2 [shifter]
Concentration Con 2 = +2
Craft Int 1 = +1
Diplomacy Cha -2 = -2
Disguise Cha -2 = -2
Escape Artist Dex* 4 = +4
Forgery Int 1 = +1
Gather Information Cha -2 = -2
Heal Wis 2 = +2
Hide Dex* 8 = +4 +4
Intimidate Cha -2 = -2
Jump Str* 6 = +1 +1 +2 [tumble] +2 [shifter]
Listen Wis 4 = +2 +2
Move Silently Dex* 8 = +4 +4
Perform Cha -2 = -2
Ride Dex 4 = +4
Search Int 1 = +1
Sense Motive Wis 4 = +2 +2
Spot Wis 4 = +2 +2
Survival Wis 2 = +2
Swim Str** 2 = +1 +1
Tumble Dex* 9 = +4 +5
Use Rope Dex 4 = +4

* = check penalty for wearing armor

Shifter

Eberron character race.

+2 dexterity, -2 intelligence, -2 charisma (already included)

Low-light vision

+2 on balance, climb, and jump

Monk

AC Bonus for Wisdom

AC Bonus for level (begins level 5)

Flurry of Blows

Unarmed Strike

Bonus Feats (levels 1 2 & 6)

Evasion (level 2)

Li's Equipment:
Sling
Quarterstaff
10 stones

More about Li:

The shifter monk known as Li was found as a baby at the entrance of a monastery. He was raised there and knows nothing else. He has spent his entire life trying to control the inner rage he feels, untill one time, during the testing, he surrendered to it. At this, his instructors frowned. Much debte ensued, and his masters told him that he will never be able to still his mind until he comes to grips with the 'beast within.' He is not to deny it, but to unite it with his disciplined mind, as the yin and yang make a whole together. He has been charged with finding his identity by learning of his people. He was told to guide a visiting swordmaster to the city, and then must journey where fate takes him. In a year and a day, he must return to the monastery to face another test . . .

He is short and skinny, with a tanned face and hands. He daily shaves his head, but has given up the battle against his bushy beard and sidebrows. he is dressed in a simple white kimono, and has nothing save his quarterstaff and a small bundle containing his shaving tools, a small amount of incense, his begging bowl and a small prayer book. His sling is wrapped around his forearm and he has a few smooth stones in his belt.

His code of conduct:
- Material posessions are irrelevant, and preoccupation with posessions prevents finding inner peace. He can only own what he can carry comfortably, and enough money for a simple meal. Should he have more, he will give iot away for those who have less than him.
- Weapons are a tool of violence. Violence leads to a disturbance of the inner peace. He may not carry anything that can only be used for violence.
- The mind and body are one. One influences the other. Both should be kept in the best possible shape. He must do daily excercises and meditations. He is allowed only simple food and non-alcoholic drinks.

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
DrZombie said:
I dreid my weird if I cannae help him. Nasty critters, those nac mac feegles.

They can tak' oour lives but they cannae tak' oour troousers!

Anyways, that could work quite nicely, I think.

[Sblock=DrZombie, MFrench]
I can definitely have joined up with you at a monastery, and a kindly monk could totally have wanted to assign a guide, since my character will habitually be acting like a drunk, incompetent swordsman to keep people from paying too much attention to him. We could do it either way on the subject of if you've realized that it's a sham yet, or if you want to figure it out in game.
[/sblock]

Amazing Triangle

First Post
mfrench said:
Amazing Triangle: It looks like your best choices are Changeling or Korobokuru, but I don't have a problem with halflings. I wouldn't have an issue with playing a Korobokuru without any stat modifiers if that was your hang up.

Korobokuru [sblock=Adjustments for mfrench]If we get rid of the stat bonuses then I would also get rid of "+2 on saves versus poison cause the are hardy" because it no longer fits the flavor and the "+2 wilderness lore (which is not 3.5)" to +2 Knowledge local. As he is a city version (he is still taught in the old ways of fighting giants and goblins) then he is like a third or fourth generation living in the city. No darkvision? They have it in OA was that deliberate or just a miss type.[/sblock]

I have been reading up on Beguiler and I think after reading it that I could have a totally new play experience with the beguiler as it seems that you don't directly deal damage with sneak attack or otherwise. Tying this class with the general dislike that is had for Korobokuru should be easy. He randomly starts casting in public and people look down on him so he steals from them now to make up for things from his past. Maybe disguise check so he looks human at most occasions.

What level are we starting at? I must have missed it somewhere. So is Unarmed Strike a free 1st level feat.

Thank you for all the suggestions :).

Last edited:

Ancient History

First Post
If there is room I'ld like to play a changeling Warlock. His mother was a human who was corrupted by a demon of lust, possibly a minion of a greater demon, and later gave birth to a changeling (me). My character has vowed to find the erase the stain on the family honor by using his powers to hunt down and slay the demon responsible for corrpting his mother. It is believed that mom is dead. Up to you wether she actually is or not.

mfrench

First Post
Ancient History: I'm kind of torn, but I'll go ahead and say yes. My biggest worry is that you'll step on the toes of the Wu Jen, but I think that if you use a more subtle (and darker) approach than the flashiness that I envision with him, it should be a good mix.

That definitely closes recruiting (except for alts) unless someone drops out.

I'll pick up with some more tomorrow morning, tonight became really hectic (getting ready to move!).

mfrench

First Post
Meh, can't sleep with all this running around in my head. Very well. As always, this is suggestion, not law:
[sblock=NMF]You were hired out to House Akodo, a powerful family in a major eastern city. However, you discovered that the heir to the House was a changeling. Upon bringing this to someone's attention, you were chastised for the accusation. You saw it as your duty to rid the House of the son as a threat from within. However, they didn't see it that way. You were accused of breaking your oath: a crime worthy of death. A woman in the household that cared for you gave you enough warning to flee, and you managed to escape with your life (though not much else). Making it into the Tebeg Mountains, you thought you would not survive, until you came to the snowy gates of a hidden monastery . . .[/sblock]
[sblock=DrZ] I like what you have for Li. Here would be my changes: He is told that he will never be able to still his mind until he comes to grips with the 'beast within.' He is not to deny it, but to unite it with his disciplined mind, as the yin and yang make a whole together. He has been charged with finding his identity by learning of his people. Li will guide this stranger to a city, and then must journey where fate takes him. In a year and a day, he must return to the monastery to face another test . . .[/sblock]
[sblock=OnlytheStrong] You were raised in Kaiu Pass, which was then part of Katsuki lands. You were raised to combat House Shiba without truly knowing why. Eventually, Shiba forces took the Pass (and the rich mine that came with it). At that point, you learned of your father's fate, and went north into the Shiba lands to seek revenge. Striking where you could and retreating to shadows, you honed your ninja skills. When returning once to your mentor at Kaiu Pass, he was poisoned by Shiba assassins. Before dying, he urged you to retreat to Katsuki lands, and there to seek allies to bring about the destruction of hated House Shiba. You are making your way to Katsuki Ford at the heart of Katsuki lands . . .[/sblock]
I've got more for the Shugenja and the Beguiler, but I must sleep. The Wu Jen has got me sort of stumped (although as you keep bringing up old guy with bushy eyebrows, I can't help but think of the crazy turtle-island-mentor-guy from Dragonball and Dragonball Z). If you expand on him a little bit, I can find him a homeland. I'll ponder over the warlock tomorrow.

We'll start at 2nd level, I'm going to give out Improved Unarmed Strike to everybody (or something else for those who already have it / can't use it).

DrZombie

First Post
Just a question : would you allow for the 'precise strike' feat? Prereq : weapon finesse, allows for dex instead of str for damage for weapons for which you have the weapon finesse feat.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
[sblock=mfrench]Old Master Chen (if the culture is more Chinese inspired) or Hoshi (if Japanese) used to be much more powerful than he is now. Adventures against demons/undead/appropriate monsters left him burned out and destroyed most of his knowledge of the arcane (permanent level drained), as well as leaving him a little unhinged... not that he wasn't already... He continues to combat evil, and aiding younger adventurers (although his advice and knowledge is often incomplete), but always with a wary eye out for supernatural foes who might be too powerful for him, as well as old rivals who might take advantage of his weakened state.

He is also very fond of food, and will often keep fighting or spellcasting whilst eating. Despite this, he is as skinny as a rake. I've worked out his stats (along with age modifiers for an old age character) and have chosen spells. How are we doing Hit points... or have I missed that? :)[/sblock]

Remove ads