An Interesting Experience

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Figured I'ld start off the IC thread for my EXPERIENCE game (Yes, it's finally started) with a reprint of all the info I've given on the world/country so far.

The region is fairly isolated from the rest of the world. It's got just 2 countries in it, the Queendom of Degal and the Empire Flynn.
To the South is an ocean, to the North and East are nigh-impassible mountains filled with Orcin, giants, and dragons. To the west is a swamp that goes for hundreds of miles and it is an accepted fact that it is ruled by the undead. The Area is temperate for the most part. The only way anyone from another country ever comes is by sea or by magic.

DEGAL: Borders Swamp of Despair, 150 miles North to South, 360 miles East to West. It Supplies Lumber to Flynn. The Queen is an Elf from the Great Forest. Degal is a cross between Monarchy and a voting system. They elect a king or queen, and then he/she rules just like a king/queen for 10 years, after which a new election might be held if the populace thinks their leader isn't doing a good job. Often, they keep the same leader until they die once
they've found a good leader. The current Queen has been in place for 36 years, and her (human) husband died 8 years ago. She has one 21 year old half-elven daughter, Liriel.

FLYNN: Borders the eastern mountains, 150 miles North to South, 320 miles East to West. Supplies Metals(Worked and Unworked) to Degal.
The Emperor is an old Human man named Hoshira.
When one Emperor/Empress dies, there is a challenge taken by all nobles who wish to become the next, and the winner is the next Emperor/Empress.

Elves are originaly from the Great Forest in Degal, but many live in Flynn.
Dwarves are originally from the Eastern Mountains of Flynn, though a few have taken up residence in Degal. (Flynn extends about 20 miles into the mountains)
Gnomes are a rare sight, but are seen in both countries.
Half-Orcs are very rare, and most of them are in Flynn, but a few have been seen in Degal.
Halflings, as usual, live everywhere.
Humans live everywhere, forming the majority of each nation.

THE PLAYERS/CHARACTERS:

Thels - Saville Snowflake (Female Wood Elf Ranger1/Fighter4/Order of the Bow Initiate7
From Degal

Thanee - Silvermoon (Female Grey Elf Rogue 3/Diviner 5/Arcane Trickster 4)
From Degal
*The half-elf she's looking for seemed to dissapear a year ago but there have been reports of a man fitting his description and personality recently*

Argent Silvermage - Prince Llewelyn Starspire (Male Elf Aristocrat12)
From Degal
*The Queen of Degal is his Aunt.*

Isida Kep'Tukari - Granite Alehearth (Male Dwarf Monk6/Drunken Master6)
From Flynn

Brother Shatterstone - Eedrick (Male Human Ranger7/Rogue3/Fighter2)
From Flynn
*Related (somewhat distantly) to the Emperor, and to Rowena*

Manzanita - Rowena Eldredd (Female Human Paladin12)
From Flynn
*Related (somewhat distantly) to the Emperor, and to Eedrick*

DM_Matt - Rana (Female Human Ranger1/Sorceror6/Eldritch Knight5)
From Flynn

IC:

Although you don't really know of each other, you're all fairly well renowned, and have heard of the others. You've each been asked by your respective leaders to join with the others in a monastary on your country's shared border. None of you were given any information other than the fact that this is of GRAVE importance to both of your lands. You arrive at the monastary and are welcomed in by one of the monks, all of whom have taken a vow of silence. Upon coming into the main chamber, you see the others around you. A monk hands each of you a note in common stating that your contact has been delayed, and to feel free to interact with each other and tour the monastary until he arrives in a few days.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowena Eldredd

Rowena surveys the others, her feet set slightly apart, her body arrayed in full plate armor, but her helmet off, revealing her young, beautiful face, and the distinctive lightning slash of white in her otherwise coal-black hair. She wears a long sword on her hip, and a steel sheild slung over her back. Her face breaks into a smile at the sight of Eedrick.

"Greetings cousin." she says with a wry grin. "It must be a cold day in the woods to bring you into the monestary. Or were you yearning for civilized companionship?"

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Prince Llewelyn

Llewelyn stands tall and regal waiting in the common hall where he is to meet the other deligates. He pushes his flaxen hair out of his voilet eyes and scans the area. He sees the Lady Eldredd and wanders over to her. "Brightest Blessings of the day Lady Eldredd. I am Llewelyn Starspire, We met at a royal tourney 2 months ago. I must say you are as striking now as you were then." He holds his hand out waiting for her to place her hand in his so that he may kiss her hand.

He looks at the Eedrick and says "I feel I should know you woodsman. Are you not related to the Lady Eldredd?"

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Granite stumbles into the hall, his patched and rumpled canvas shirt and trousers covered with road dust. His sandles and feet are likewise dusty. Sweat pours down his face as he pulls off a battered straw hat. His bushy and unkempt beard and hair fly away in all directions, speckled with bits of hay.*

*He carries a sack in one hand, and as he enters the hall, reaching into it and pulls out a potter pitcher. Taking one of the mugs off his belt, he pours something into the mug from the pitcher, and then returns it to the sack. Taking a long drink, he finally sighs and wipes his mouth on his sleeve.*

"Greetins yer Lord and Ladyship. Didn't expect ter be in such 'xalted comp'ny or I woulda sluiced m'self off and found a fresh shirt," he says, punctuating his sentence with another swallow from his mug. "Care fer a drink?"

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eedrick looked at the note handed to him with a disgusted look on his face and his angry tone of voice all but confirms this, “Oh bloody hell!” he turns his angered eyes to the monk who had been unlucky enough to hand him the note, “Do you realize how much of my time you waste by calling me here? And then you waste even more by making me wait.”

He storms past the monk not wanting an answer muttering under his breath his hand crushing the note into a wadded up ball, “Interact… Like I ever.”

To those seeing Eedrick for the first time he cut his usual impression his beard was scraggly but not very full. His long back curly hair was equally unkempt and matted from his cloak and also from a passing rain shower he had travel through. It was apparent by his lack of equipment that he preferred to travel though he did seem to carry more weapons than one truly needed. His ever-present frown was filled with scorn as he scanned the chamber and the people in it with his forest green eyes.

If he recognized anyone other than his cousin he makes no sign of greeting as he moves over to Rowena with a genuine smile on his face. Rowena was really all the family he had and was one of few people that tolerated him and who he honestly loved and worried about. He usually kissed her cheek in greeting but this time hesitates before her realizing for probably the first time in days he’s covered in dirt.

“Cousin Rowena I didn’t realize you would be here maybe this won’t be so bad after all. I’m here for the same reason as you we have a duty and obligation as for civilized company you know that’s really not my type.”

The smile gone he turns to the elf that had just addressed him and gives a curt reply, “Doubtful.” He ignores the later question feeling like it had been answered already as he turns back to his cousin, “Rowena it’s been awhile hasn’t it? So how are things going?”

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Llewelyn doesn't even blink at the rudeness from the ranger. "Wait.. I'm beginning to remember. Your the one Rowena used to call Wolfy. Am I correct My Lady? This is the cousin you always called Wolfy. My how you humans grow quick. I remember your mother saying it was like he was raised by wolves." The Elf noble flashes a smile that could cut diamond. "Pleased to meet you Eedrick 'Wolf Child'."

ooc: Why yes. I do poke badgers with spoons. what about it.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Eedrick of the Blackwoods: Human/Male (Ranger/Rogue/Fighter)

Eedrick raises an eyebrow at his cousin wondering why this elf would know something that personal but he doesn’t wait for a reply already deciding he doesn’t particular like this elf he responds but doesn’t turn to face the elf, “Indeed though to be honest I haven’t gone by any thing close to that since my carefree days of childhood.”

OOC: Poke all you want just realize I cannot be held accountable for missing fingers or limbs when he turns on you.

Last edited:

Remove ads