Anger of Angels

S'mon

Legend
Hardhead said:
One interesting idea, I thought, was a sidebar on "evil angels." Evil angels would be normal angels created to be evil from the begining (as opposed to fallen angels, that become so). Evil angel's jobs are to do thinks like destroy Saddam...

:)

I would think these evil angels & good angels would serve Neutral gods, not Good ones, like the monotheist God of the Old Testament "Good & Evil Comes from Me". If good angels don't serve evil deities (which they logically might - perhaps shepherding souls for an 'evil' god of the afterlife) I can't see evil angels serving good deities either.

Skade

Explorer
S'mon said:
:)

I would think these evil angels & good angels would serve Neutral gods, not Good ones, like the monotheist God of the Old Testament "Good & Evil Comes from Me". If good angels don't serve evil deities (which they logically might - perhaps shepherding souls for an 'evil' god of the afterlife) I can't see evil angels serving good deities either.
I have always thought the Old Testament God was more Lawful Neutral, myself.

S'mon

Legend
Skade said:
I have always thought the Old Testament God was more Lawful Neutral, myself.

Sure, I just meant on the good-evil axis. Thus OTG has good & evil servants (if the OT Satan is considered evil, say) - maybe LG angels/celestials and LE angels/devils. These LG & LE forces could still oppose Milton's "Chaos & Old Night" - the Demons, the Slaadi, and the CG celestials.

Hardhead

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
That fallen angel template -- is it different from the Legions of Hell template?

Yes. In fact, there are three different templates, depending on how far they've fallen. Outcast are those who are still good, but an outcast for whatever reason (such as a Grigori who was intimate with a human). Rebellious are those that actively work against God/other Angels but who still consider themselves good (such as Samael/Satan before he was banished to Hell) and Fallen is for those who have actively turned evil and embraced it.

shilsen

Adventurer
Hardhead said:
Evil angel's jobs are to do thinks like destroy Saddam and Gomorrah, things no purely good being could do. They serve good dieties, but do "evil" in their name. Neat idea, and I wish it had a bit more room in the book.

News flash - the evil angels haven't destroyed Saddam yet, but I hear they're trying. Sodom, on the other hand, got nailed along with Gomorrah :)

Remove ads