• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Another question on AoO

Corwyn

First Post
I have a player who has taken to using the following tactic,

The character starts at a distance of 20'.
He (a 6L elven fighter with a spiked chain) would move 10' forward towards the enemy execute an attack and then move 10' back again.
The point of this exercise is that the enemy has to move through his threat range to close in for an attack and thus provoking an AoO.

My question is if this is a valid action.

Artoomis

First Post
Corwyn said:
I have a player who has taken to using the following tactic,

The character starts at a distance of 20'.
He (a 6L elven fighter with a spiked chain) would move 10' forward towards the enemy execute an attack and then move 10' back again.
The point of this exercise is that the enemy has to move through his threat range to close in for an attack and thus provoking an AoO.

My question is if this is a valid action.

Perfectly valid. An excellent use of a reach weapon. This is why reach weapons are feared - the spiked chain especially since you can use it at 5' as well.

Corwyn

First Post
Thank you CRGreathouse I knew there was something wrong, there was an itch telling me this was wrong but I couldn't put my finger on the exact problem.

Remove ads