Another take on the Necromancer class

ardentmoth

Explorer
TLW, what would you think of shedding hitpoints to heal an ally, or taking a con hit for a period of time? Reading the flavor, it seems to me that a Necro could get a little masochistic, cutting himself to heal others with the life in his still warm blood.

Course, I like it as is. Mine was only a minor mechanic idea.

Belaugured DM

First Post
Excellent work here. I want to add my support. I am inserting it into my campaign at the request of one of my players and I will let you know how it tests out.

Last edited:

TheLordWinter

First Post
Okay - so I know a few folks have been playing the class and trying it out. What I need right now is some feedback. What works for this class and what doesn't? I've yet to begin the paragon tier stuff, but I'd like to have the lower level abilities in good working order before I move on to the higher tier stuff. It'll also give me a better baseline to work from.

Weather Man

First Post
I'm new so excuse me if I say or do anything stupid. I really only joined because I saw Winter's Necromancer class. Anyway I have been playing this class and I am now at level 4, so far it seems pretty balanced. I have to say I have little complaints, but I do have some suggestions.

The Lances of blood were a bit overpowered, however I think I may have read the power wrong. I was stacking damage against one opponent, by sacrificing more health, and it seemed way to strong for a level 1 daily, I was dishing 200 damage at level one. Now I realize that sacking extra health only let's you hit more enemies, that should probably be made a bit clearer.

Some of the guys I was playing with suggested the idea of powers focused around disperse the Fleeing soul, so instead of using it to heal youself you can channel the lifeforce of a slain enemy into powerful attacks, and buffs.

Definately design some Necromancy based rituals, it would be really cool if we had some more. Necromancy based artifacts, alchemical formulas, and other items would be good.

Maybe some bonuses to death based rituals, for instance lowering the DC, have the cost, maybe use one or two Necromancy based rituals a day for free.

Maybe some variations on the Shadow Familiar.

My DM said that feats and such applying to wizards, such as expanded spellbook would also apply to any class whose powers are designated as spells, so that would also inculde the Necromancer.

Just some ideas, however I feel that for the most part the Heroic tier is successful.

Cwheeler

First Post
I love the class, although it may be nice to see a way to shift healing surges from ally to ally.

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forwards to seeing the result!

Remove ads