D&D 5E Any 5E CharOp Chatrooms?

Hey all--been away for a while and want to get caught up. Fastest way to do that used to be the old Freenode chatroom, but that was years ago and it doesn't seem like there's a 5E analogue. Anyone out there doing chats, and/or want to catch me up on what CO looks like in 5E?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Optimization is not the sea change it was in 3.x or 4e. First, there's a heck of a lot less character material out, so less "well, if I pull this from here plus that from there and add in this, I get WOW!". Second of all, the non-UA material is pretty balanced including not front-loading, so there's not the cherry-picking there was in 3.5. Third, while some things like cantrips are based on character level, most things including ASI are based on class level so there's a lot of incentive to stay single classed or just dip a little.

You can optimize, and play in the same party as those who don't. You'll be more effective, but it won't be the night-and-day difference of earlier editions unless they are making sub-optimal characters.

I'd read the guides. http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ction-of-Guides-A-Library-of-Character-Builds

Remove ads