Any interest in an Eberron Adventure Path (1-20)?

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Hi,

I'd be interested in an Eberron adventure path. A difficulty that I wonder about which seems to arise is how to handle the unexplained events of The Mournland / Crye. In Pathfinder, the death of Aroden seems to be the same sort of difficulty. The problem for Eberron seems worse, since the events of the Last War feel more present than the death of Aroden does in Golarion.

Another problem, which arises in general, is that the size of the continent. Without a lot of hand waving, the large distances can be a very large impediment.

Thx!
TomB

The way I would recommend dealing with Cyre/the Mournland: don't. Giving an answer to these questions seems to counteract their very reason for existing.

Also, Eberron literally has a device built into it whose entire purpose is handwaving travel: the Lightning Rail.

I'm curious what avenue the AP would follow for high level play, but I don't see any insurmountable obstacles.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The way I would recommend dealing with Cyre/the Mournland: don't. Giving an answer to these questions seems to counteract their very reason for existing.

Also, Eberron literally has a device built into it whose entire purpose is handwaving travel: the Lightning Rail.

I'm curious what avenue the AP would follow for high level play, but I don't see any insurmountable obstacles.

Actually, a DMs Guild product would be fine answering that, as an optional way: WotC and Leith Baker will bit give definitive answers, but individual DMs can for their table; and by extension, aDM publishing on DMs Guild can give their answer for others to use...

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I can see leaving the Day of Mourning to the side. It just tends to intrude.

The lightning rail really doesn't work to get folks around. If it were a bullet train then it might. It doesn't go that fast.

Plus, it doesn't go nearly anywhere, and has a big whole on the network where Cyre used to fit in.

Better is having access to an airship. Not within the means of most parties. And using teleportation services is very very expensive.

Thx!
TomB

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Who knows at this point, though? Out of curiosity, what put Night Below on your radar...?

Matt mentioned in his WotC interview something about a top secret project involving WotC. Knowing his affection for the adventure, and my own desire to see a fresh take on it done by someone who has actually run so knows its weak points, I was simply hoping this might be it.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Matt mentioned in his WotC interview something about a top secret project involving WotC. Knowing his affection for the adventure, and my own desire to see a fresh take on it done by someone who has actually run so knows its weak points, I was simply hoping this might be it.
Ah, interesting; after doing Strand/SKT back to back, Perkins did say the next AP would use a freelance writer; Ward in development, Coleville writing the final book? Feasible...

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EN World mobile app

Tersival

First Post
I would love to see more of anything published for Eberron, I've felt distinctly cheated since support fell away.

My biggest concern is the higher levels... Specifically, Eberron (or, rather, Khorvaire) seems to "cap out" in the upper mid levels (say 12th-15th). Bringing in the dragons from Argonesson mitigates that somewhat, but really, I think the best option would be to get the forces of Xoriat or Dal Quor involved.

This!

I'm a little rusty on my lore, but the scattered hints of King Jorat's increasing paranoia, his failure to clearly confirm the line of succession and his heirs disputes that led to the Last War just when Riedra was turning its attention to Khorvaire seemed way too convenient and favourable to the goals of the Dreaming Dark.

Was the Last War a symptom of a looming danger that has already all but conquered one continent?

I imagine, if the world of the Eberron was created from the struggles of the progenitor dragons Eberron, Khyber and Siberys, and Eberron created "all manner of other living things", the Draconic Prophecy and indeed Dragonmarks could be reflections of the living world's instinctive reaction to Dal Quor's infection of Sarlona/Riedra.

Riedra fell to thousands of years of patient encroachment and the Dreaming Dark's eyes are set on Khorvaire. The Path of Light seems powerless to stop its advance and the nations of Khorvaire seem both powerless and oblivious.

If the Draconic Prophecy has been too vague or contradictory to alert Eberron's creations, are the Dragonmarks an evolving creation building resistance to the Dreaming Dark and Dal Quor?

That would be epic.

Asmor

First Post
Getting quoted 10 years later is a weird feeling. I don't remember any of this, don't even remember feeling this way about Eberron.

Tersival

First Post
Getting quoted 10 years later is a weird feeling. I don't remember any of this, don't even remember feeling this way about Eberron.

Wow, its been that long? I didn't even look at the post dates, I just happened to be browsing for Eberron related threads!

Remove ads