• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Any published rules on Shrink Item on ammo?

Axegrrl

First Post
Just wondering if there are any published rules on using shrink item on ammo -- and how un-shrinking that ammo works (i.e., when does it happen, how long does it take to happen), and the effects thereof (i.e., the 1/2" wide broadhead arrow in your chest becomes 8" wide, resulting in...?).

Link to spell text: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkItem.htm

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Axegrrl said:
Just wondering if there are any published rules on using shrink item on ammo -- and how un-shrinking that ammo works (i.e., when does it happen, how long does it take to happen), and the effects thereof (i.e., the 1/2" wide broadhead arrow in your chest becomes 8" wide, resulting in...?).

Link to spell text: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/shrinkItem.htm

Resulting in nothing. The arrow either
a) Falls out and expands just fine.
b) Doesn't expand, because it has no strength score, and generally the rules for enlarging things in an enclosed space result in them growing as much as they can given the allowed space unless they can succeed at a strength check to burst the enclosure. Which doesn't work against creatures.

The Grackle

First Post
Saeviomagy said:
b) Doesn't expand, because it has no strength score, and generally the rules for enlarging things in an enclosed space result in them growing as much as they can given the allowed space unless they can succeed at a strength check to burst the enclosure. Which doesn't work against creatures.

What if you animated it first?

IcyCool

First Post
Didn't the shrink item spell used to have wording (2ed I believe) that said that the item unshrunk whenever the appropriate word was uttered or when it was hurled against a hard surface?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads