Any word on the GSL?

Urizen

First Post
I'll admit, it would be nice to use the term Feywild (really cool, evocative name) in my own supplements.

I have a new race in my upcoming book that is tied to the land of the fae, but I've decided to just say "realm of the fey" and leave it at that.

If people wish to infer that as being the Feywild, cool.

If not, I'm good with that as well.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
I hope they add the Alchemy rules from Adventurer's Vault too. If you ask me, those should have been in the Player's Handbook in the first place. Glad to see more classes being added in. I hope its the druid, bard, sorcerer, and barbarian. We'll see soon enough I guess...

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
Hi, Linnae, great to see you here!

Home Life = way more than fair. It's awesome, in fact. I love spending time with my kiddos, giving them all the mommy time they deserve. They're one and three years old and I'm grateful to be around during this time in their lives.

I had a similar experience (perhaps with less use of the word "mommy"). Laid off four weeks before a child was due--a lot of people commented on how terrible that was, but really, it was a great time to be at home.

So when are you and the little halfling coming over for a visit?

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Depends.

Job Search = less than fair. There are few jobs available and thousands of folks competing for them. The other day I heard that 1000 people applied for one meter-maid job in Seattle. Could be an urban legend, but it is pretty telling of the current job market.

Home Life = way more than fair. It's awesome, in fact. I love spending time with my kiddos, giving them all the mommy time they deserve. They're one and three years old and I'm grateful to be around during this time in their lives.

Just wanted to send you my best wishes, Linae. Good luck to you and your family. :)

Cheers!

fissionessence

First Post
I don't know if this is the correct thread in which to ask this, but while we're waiting for more updates:

I know that I can't 'redefine terms' as per the GSL . . . so I can't say elves are actually aquatic beings with tentacles and 100 claws; and I can't say that a staff is actually a small piece of wood with a long blade coming out . . . but what about using defined words and creating a new and separate definition?

As a specific example, could I take the word 'aura', which is defined in the glossary of the Monster Manual, and use it as the power word for some new class (as in: "This class's powers are called auras")? How about a class called the totemist? Could it create class features/powers called 'totems', even though that's what primal implements (PH2) are called? These definitions don't 'redefine' or directly conflict with their existing definitions, but I don't want to get a cease-and-desist when I could have just come up with secondary, if suboptimal, terms for these things.

~ fissionessence

caudor

Adventurer
I'm wondering what impact the new GSL will have on adventure conversion efforts. Or is that in the domain of a fan-site policy? Oh well, I'm just confused about the whole thing.

Jack99

Adventurer
I'm wondering what impact the new GSL will have on adventure conversion efforts. Or is that in the domain of a fan-site policy? Oh well, I'm just confused about the whole thing.

The current GSL has very little impact on adventure conversion, so why should that change?

Remove ads