• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody gonna run the 4e Steading of the Hill Giant Chief from DDI as a PBP here?

Inspiratorium

First Post
Just from a flavor standpoint, I feel like option A may be the best. B is kinda moving into Deacon's territory (since Deacon has a similar focus in terms of status effects), and C kinda moves into Wik's character's focus.

Deacon can handle multiple opponents at once, though he's not that mobile, so I think a swordmage would be a nice addition there.

drothgery

First Post
Just from a flavor standpoint, I feel like option A may be the best. B is kinda moving into Deacon's territory (since Deacon has a similar focus in terms of status effects), and C kinda moves into Wik's character's focus.
... and A doesn't require writing up a new background, either (though dropping the oblique reference to Miranda in the story I attached to Gwenn's writeup would be easy).

Though from my point of view, my only request is that anyone playing a leader seriously consider powers that grant an ally a melee basic attack; thieves + extra MBAs = scary.

tiornys

Explorer
I am finally feeling better. I should have some time tomorrow to work on the adventure intro and to take a serious look at everyone's characters and backstories. Thanks everyone for being patient!

t~

Scotley

Hero
Glad to have you back and feeling better. We've been keeping each other pretty busy in your absence. I think we'll have a fun group.

Inspiratorium

First Post
Great to hear, tiornys! (that you're getting better and this is getting off the ground)

I think we should try to finalize how our characters are related in terms of backstory soon, considering that this is starting up. DF, are we going to go with the discussed rivalry between Lucan and Deacon?

Also, I did a few character sketches for DF's slaying stone campaign, if the rest of you like, I could try to do so for this one as well.

Inspiratorium - I think a rivalry between Lucan and Deacon would be great. [And Miranda, too??] Lucan tried to shank Deacon's charge, but failed due to Deacon's interference. Lucan doesn't necessarily hold it against him, though. There's something in him that enjoys the cat and mouse game.

Edit: and I'd love to see a sketch of Lucan and the others!

Inspiratorium

First Post
Sounds good. Now Deacon, on the other hand, could go one of two ways. 1. He doesn't even remember "that amateur sellsword that couldn't hold his drink long enough to do his job," or 2. He remembers the incident much more seriously than Lucan's perception of it as cat and mouse, which would probably come either repeated encounters or the bard having done something nasty at some point.

drothgery

First Post
I am finally feeling better. I should have some time tomorrow to work on the adventure intro and to take a serious look at everyone's characters and backstories. Thanks everyone for being patient!
Cool.

Also, I did a few character sketches for DF's slaying stone campaign, if the rest of you like, I could try to do so for this one as well.
If you'd like. Drawing Gwenn should be a bit easier than drawing Patrin was, at any rate...

Sounds good. Now Deacon, on the other hand, could go one of two ways. 1. He doesn't even remember "that amateur sellsword that couldn't hold his drink long enough to do his job," or 2. He remembers the incident much more seriously than Lucan's perception of it as cat and mouse, which would probably come either repeated encounters or the bard having done something nasty at some point.

Very interesting!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads