• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anybody using Threads yet?

Zardnaar

Legend
People complain about social media and yet keep using it. Still thinking about using Twitter never have never well.

So Threads is more of the same and ultimately pointless. Mildly better tech bro billionaire owner yay.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
The dev team says they are squashing bugs right now, but plan to have a computer version and following feed "soon". It is nigh unusable for me right now, given the pictures I see and the comments...

We here in the EU are safely protected, not from pizza (yet), but from Threads. It'll be interesting to see how it evolves, though, and if their privacy policy will be slightly less scary when it arrives here.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Twitter, that was the app stupid people used to use to troll each other?
Twitter has a lot of value to a lot of communities. If you are not in them, sure, it was stupid. But it was really, really important to millions of people worldwide and was instrumental in shaping our understanding of Ferguson, for instance, as well as being a critical component of the Arab Spring.

What's happened to it is a tragedy.

I'm on Threads for work and it's fine, probably more broadly useful than most of the would-be Twitter successors, but it's lacking some essential features. It does have scale, which none of the others have, which helps a lot.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I never really cared for Twitter. My account there is for following some people, especially journalists, that post there. So, for me, the issue is where those people will move (if anywhere).

Last edited:

Remove ads