Anyone else backed Dragonbane?

S'mon

Legend
I started a page for hopefully running a campaign Dragonbane - Starter Rules
One thing I was wondering is if there's a good way to run it on Roll20?

Well I finally started running it on Roll20 - I eventually realised I could deal the init cards myself and the players could darn well trust me! :LOL: I'm running a swords and sorcery game in the world of Xoth - Dragonbane - using Xoth's Cultures instead of the regular Kin. First session was brilliant, the fairly gritty Dragonbane rules really suit the S&S genre.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well I finally started running it on Roll20 - I eventually realised I could deal the init cards myseld and the players could darn well trust me! :LOL:
I found Discord games got a lot easier to run once I realized that I could trust my players, and vice versa, and if someone was desperate to cheat for some reason A) they're only really cheating themselves and B) it would become obvious pretty quickly if it happened more than once or twice.

MacDhomnuill

Explorer
Question for the couple of folks who have been running DB games, I am switching from 5e to DB for my kids home game. I am converting their 4th lvl characters over now, skills and heroic abilities were easy my problem is how many advancement rolls would you equate to a lvl? My best guess is an average of 3 rolls per session played and we had 4 sessions per level (milestone) based on my notes putting us at 16 sessions or 48 advancement rolls. Does that sound right?

S'mon

Legend
Question for the couple of folks who have been running DB games, I am switching from 5e to DB for my kids home game. I am converting their 4th lvl characters over now, skills and heroic abilities were easy my problem is how many advancement rolls would you equate to a lvl? My best guess is an average of 3 rolls per session played and we had 4 sessions per level (milestone) based on my notes putting us at 16 sessions or 48 advancement rolls. Does that sound right?
Starting DB characters can easily take down a Troll - they don't equate to level 1 PCs, more like level 3.
I personally wouldn't give advancement rolls, I might give out an extra HA though. If generous you could give 3 extra HAs, 1 per extra level; I'd suggest +2 WP +2 HP and one of player choice.

Remove ads