• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone get the SL DM's Screen?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well folks, it FINALLY happened. :) I got it! And BOY am I happy! I got this AND completed my Mongoose Publishing collection with Necromancy AND Wild Sorcery. They still didn't have Wise and the Wicked though. :( BUT I'm still happy.

Clark, you and Bill did a GREAT job with this. Kadum Horn probably just out ranks Shrine, but only because it has a blood witch AND that little extra stuff you have. ;) Otherwise they are SOLID adventures and BY GOD I cannot wait to run them. Course I'll just settle for what JD is doing, mainly so I can send my players off to Hollowfaust. Btw, I decided to move Rappen Athuk into the Gascars. Basically this way I can have some fun! :D

So my vote, easily 5 out 5. SL DM's Screen ROCKS. I'm sorry I ever even CONSIDERED anything else after I got this.

Orcus

First Post
Actually, the DM screen was not a Necro product. As a favor for Steve Wieck of SSS I wrote the two adventures. Bill actually didnt even know about Kadum's Horn. He helped playtest Shrine some time back. But I wrote Kadum's Horn all on my lonesome (in 4 days in fact).

Clark

SSS-Druid

First Post
Scarred Lands DM Screen Contents

Okay. Here we go:

Panel One

-GM's Reference (a listing of useful page numbers from the three core rulebooks; basically charts and stuff that we wanted to include, but there wasn't room)

-Movement (Personal movement rates, including one round, one minute, one hour and one day distances covered by speed; and Mount and Vehicle Movement)

-Material Hardness/Hit Points (listing of materials and their hardness, including some bulleted examples of each, along with Break/Burst DCs)

Panel Two

-Cover & Concealment Modifiers

-Concentration DCs

-Heal DCs

-Spellcraft DCs

-Ride DCs

-Climb DCs

-Untrained Skills

-Jump Distances

Panel Three

-Actions in Combat (Standard, Move-Equivalent, Free, Full-Round and Partial Actions; Attack Roll Modifiers and Turn Undead chart)

Panel Four

-Special Combat Situations (Aid, Attacking an Object, Bull Rush, Charge, Disarm, Fight Defensively, Trip, Grapple, Overrun, Strike a Weapon, Subdual and Total Defense steps and rules)

There you go. ;)

TalonComics

First Post
Speaking of Screens...

I just got some news recently that Wizards is no longer printing the D&D DM's Screen and is replacing it with the Forgotten Realms DM's Screen that comes out in March.

I find that kind of strange.

~Derek

Remove ads