• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone have their recent Rappan Athuk: Reloaded shipped from Amazon.com?

catsclaw227

First Post
Golden Tickets

Bill Webb said:
1. One card only is signed "Orcus" and "Tsathogga"
2. One card gets a lucky winner free copies of all our books (for as long as we make them, and 1 copy each) in pdf from DTRPG
3. One card gets you dinner at Gencon w/ the Necro staff (to be used any year).
4. One card gets you automatic admission to all our Gencon demo games for life.
5. One card gets you a secret prize...
6-1000. 995 cards get you a signed copy of the coolest dungeon ever made. Cards 1-5 get those too!

And there you go....

Lazybones

Adventurer
I got mine yesterday, ordered Monday, free shipping (my wife is on the Amazon Prime trial, and I get the benefits as well).

The only down side is that you don't automatically get the codes for the free PDF maps available from the Necro website, but after a little searching I was able to find them. Personally I think that's cheese, but easy enough to circumnavigate.

catsclaw227

First Post
Lazybones said:
The only down side is that you don't automatically get the codes for the free PDF maps available from the Necro website, but after a little searching I was able to find them. Personally I think that's cheese, but easy enough to circumnavigate.

So.... I hope I am wrong, but it sounds like you are saying that you pirated the RARe PDF copies by downloading a code and getting the PDFs that you aren't authorized to download for free.

If that's not the case, then great, but otherwise, I wouldn't be too proud of that.

catsclaw227

First Post
Lazybones said:
Spare me your outrage. I own the product, and the map PDFs contain nothing that isn't in the map booklet. I have a scanner and could have made my own copies for personal use in few minutes. I saw your post on the Necro forums and I didn't use anybody's unique code to "steal" their download.

It's not outrage, I was concerned that someone was distributing codes illegally. I just suggested that it might not be something that you make reference to in a public forum. Personally I have a different opinion about the PDFs Necro is offering for download than "I have a scanner and could have made my own copies for personal use in few minutes". It's not emotional, it's simply that the downloaded PDF is a product for sale, and is different than scanning your own PDF.

If I am wrong about this, then I will gracefully and willfully post an apology. My comment was intended as a statement about piracy in general.

Moderator, if this is not appropriate, please let me know and I will edit my posts.

CC

Lazybones

Adventurer
The codes are on the DriveThruRPG sample pages for RA1-3. Anyone can view them.

In case there was some confusion, I was talking about the free files on the Necro Product Support page for RA1-3, not the product PDFs sold by DriveThruRPG. I don't advocate PDF piracy for items that are being sold for $. I saw that they are selling the complete map book for RAR for $20, this is not what I am talking about.

catsclaw: Feel free to bring this to the attention of the folks at Necromancer, if you wish.

And Mods: likewise, feel free to delete my posts if they are inappropriate to this discussion.

But I think that Necromancer doesn't really care about these particular "secret codes", or I imagine that they wouldn't allow them to be published online where anyone can view them.

catsclaw227

First Post
Lazybones said:
The codes are on the DriveThruRPG sample pages for RA1-3. Anyone can view them.

My apologies for the misunderstanding Lazybones. I hope you love the dungeon, I consider it the fiercest dungeon delve out there.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
I ordered one for a gift. Ordered on 16th, shipped on the 17th, arrived on the 22nd.
After looking at it I decided to get one for myself. Ordered on the 23rd, shipped on the 24th. Should be here in a couple of days.

Aluvial

Explorer
Bill Webb said:
Originally Posted by Bill Webb
1. One card only is signed "Orcus" and "Tsathogga"
2. One card gets a lucky winner free copies of all our books (for as long as we make them, and 1 copy each) in pdf from DTRPG
3. One card gets you dinner at Gencon w/ the Necro staff (to be used any year).
4. One card gets you automatic admission to all our Gencon demo games for life.
5. One card gets you a secret prize...
6-1000. 995 cards get you a signed copy of the coolest dungeon ever made. Cards 1-5 get those too!

I got #21, how about you?

Aluvial

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads