• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone in the market for a new house?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ya, I don't think many in Europe realize just how much room there is here.
No, we realise. We have schools and maps and televisions and the internet and everything! And sometimes we even visit!

And did we didn't realise, you guys tell us frequently enough! And then trot out that "100 years in Europe, 100 miles in America" line, and then somebody recites that same anecdote about the European visitor they had who didn't understand you couldn't just drive to the next state in a couple of hours. :)

Zaukrie

New Publisher
No, we realise. We have schools and maps and televisions and the internet and everything! And sometimes we even visit!

And did we didn't realise, you guys tell us frequently enough! And then trot out that "100 years in Europe, 100 miles in America" line, and then somebody recites that same anecdote about the European visitor they had who didn't understand you couldn't just drive to the next state in a couple of hours. :)
Hey, I'd rather live there......if it weren't for family, I think we'd move.

As I said, though, even I'm baffled what you can buy in some ok/nice smaller cities/towns. Not so much places like this post is about, that doesn't surprise me at all. As for knowing what it is like in the country......A LOT of people in the US don't....A LOT.

As for visiting....I'd guess a lot less Europeans have come to the US than you'd think.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.

"America is big.

Really big.

You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to America." :)

Remove ads