D&D General Anyone Know an Adventure that Features an Eclipse?

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I've had a request to do a suprise game for a player's birthday, which coincides with the upcoming solar eclipse. Does anyone know of any published adventures featuring an eclipse? If not, I can try to come up with something on my own, but I thought I'd see if there's something out there I can modify.

(Story suggestions are also welcome.)

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I did a quick search on Adventure Lookup and found this list:

Looks like the first one may be the only one to truly involve an eclipse as part of the adventure.

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I did a quick search on Adventure Lookup and found this list:

Fascinating--I know about that site, but didn't realize I could search for plot point keywords there. Thanks for checking it for me!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Fascinating--I know about that site, but didn't realize I could search for plot point keywords there. Thanks for checking it for me!
I think it's less plot keywords than words in the descriptive blurb or other keywords deliberately assigned to the adventure (which may be kind of spotty).

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
A solar eclipse-centric adventure is a fun idea. The obvious hook, to me, would be someone with sunlight sensitivity or vulnerability knowing when the eclipse is coming and using that moment for shenanigans. (Drow or vampires are obvious choices here.)

And then there's the more epic route of someone pausing the eclipse right at its darkest, and potentially ushering in an era of very bad things. This is, I think, the plot of the 2E series of mind flayer modules, but it still works well with drow, undead or even extremely ambitious kobolds.

Well, I CAN think of a story, though it's kind of a downer...
Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 4.46.30 PM.png

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Man, now I want to create an adventure where kobolds use an eclipse to pull a daytime heist when guards aren't expecting them. If they dilly dally too long, they'll have to deal with daylight sensitivity issues (legacy kobold PCs, obviously) when making their escape.

Remove ads