Anyone played Masks of Nyarlathotep?

Committed Hero

Adventurer
I just finished a campaign set around Vladivostok during the Russian Civil War, that I've run over the course of three years (GM'ing about half of our playing sessions over that time, about 3-4 hours per week), and I've planted some seeds that made the players go, "ho ho ho, are you planning to run MoN on us one day". I've used Jackson Elias as an NPC (he's there to do research for one of his books, and he's been of assistance to the PCs in their adventures), an appearance by Bradley Grey, and some references to the Carlyle family (one of the players developed a New York socialite background for his character, and I threw in familiarity with the Carlyle family). I've planted a contact with an Imperial Japanese Navy officer that would be their NPC contact in the last parts of MoN, and some other namedropping.
Oh man that's a good setting.

In line with my pipe dream of Masks 1968, I have run a game in Berlin where the PCs got Jackson back in a spy swap. He was a CIA stringer (and Delta Green friendly) who assisted the Bolivian rangers that captured Che Guevara in the Peru prelude.

Remove ads