• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anyone use a "Frankenstein" game system?

The Green Adam

First Post
I'm not using a 'Frankenstein' right now but I have many, many times. I used to mix Classic Traveller with Space Opera, D&D with V&V, D&D with Champions (for Advantages, Disadvantages and combat options) and made a concentrated effort to create an Interlock System (R. Talsorian Games) that actually interlocked (so Teenagers From Outer Space, Mekton and Cyberpunk 2020 met in the middle with a unified system).

I'm in the process of doing it again on a pet project of mine but I'll likely mix and match so much it'll morph into an original system.

AD
Barking Alien

Mallus

Legend
My old 3e World of CITY campaign is really a 3e D&D/Arcana Evolved blend, frequently played free-form.

It looks like it's going to continue its evolution into not-D&D, since we're probably converting it to M&M2e, now that Warriors & Warlocks is out.

Last edited:

Dragonbait

Explorer
I once made an amalgam of Palladium and D&D 2ed. I was very proud of it because it worked. I ended up hating it after the first or second adventure, but it worked.

Remove ads