Anyone using Onenote?

Baumi

Adventurer
I don't have a character sheet template, but I always use one of those fillable PDF's and print it to One-Note (there is a printer installed from One-Note). If I have to enter something in the session (HP's, Notes, etc) then I write it with my tablet pc in a different color so I can easily see what changed until I level up then I update my original file and start anew.

Wonka

First Post
I don't have a character sheet template, but I always use one of those fillable PDF's and print it to One-Note (there is a printer installed from One-Note). If I have to enter something in the session (HP's, Notes, etc) then I write it with my tablet pc in a different color so I can easily see what changed until I level up then I update my original file and start anew.

Where is this printer option for Onenote? Perhaps I am just not seeing this, and how exactly does it work? I ask because I would love to have a copy of my players char sheets in my notes, that I can update when they level up.

Wonka

First Post
Hmm I found my problem, it seems the Onenote printer driver cannot be installed on a 64-bit windows operating system. Just when MS wins me over for once with an amazing product... :) Oh well, sour grapes I suppose!

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
A good look at my Undermountain Campaign in Onenote:

Undermountain%201.png

I´ve always wanted to, well, just note all relevant Information directly on the map. And i did. And for 6 month of my Moonsea campaign, my players failed to trigger the portal to Undermountain. :p

Oh, and the picture has been made using Onenote, of course. I have all notebooks on a USB drive, and can access them on any PC which has onenote installed. And it´s secure, because Onenotes always backs up the notebooks to the PCs harddrive.

Wonka

First Post
Was there supposed to be another picture in your last post? I dont see one?

Thats a good idea to put the notebooks on a USB drive, although I use a laptop, so I just normally take that with me. I already used my laptop for my DMing needs, now this program will GREATLY simplify my job.

EDIT: I also found a temporary workaround for not having a Onenote printer in vista 64, it requires a 50$ dollar printer driver, but it has a 30 day free trial. Ive used it so far and it works nice. http://blog.nils-kaiser.de/2008/06/20/how-to-get-back-send-to-onenote-on-vista-x64/ There is the link for any 64 bit users of Onenote like myself who want the print to one note option!

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
Gah! Beats my why the picture didn´t work the first time. Sorry Wonka - and i read your post and thought "hey, it´s showing up for me. Did he think i added two pictures?" And now i click on the thread again and it´s gone. Strangeness, your name is Picasa.

Anyhow: The picture:

Undermountain%201.png

Remove ads