Anyone using Onenote?

catsclaw227

First Post
I just started using it this week when I saw this thread. I have had One Note 2007 for a while, but never looked at it.

What the hell have I been missing?!?!?!

This is an AWESOME note taking and DM tool. :)

catsclaw227

First Post
Gah! Beats my why the picture didn´t work the first time. Sorry Wonka - and i read your post and thought "hey, it´s showing up for me. Did he think i added two pictures?" And now i click on the thread again and it´s gone. Strangeness, your name is Picasa.

Anyhow: The picture:

Undermountain%201.png

Still not there, maybe png files aren't visible? But interestingly, when I quote you, I see the IMG tag and the image URL.

Merkuri

Explorer
Still not there, maybe png files aren't visible? But interestingly, when I quote you, I see the IMG tag and the image URL.

The image hosting site may not be letting external pages view it. A lot of sites do this to save bandwidth. I actually put the image URL in my browser and could bring it up fine, then when I went back to this thread I could see it again. I think it worked that time because my browser had already cached the image.

Try Photobucket for image hosting. Or just post a link to the image instead of embedding it in the page.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I just installed OneNote this morning, and I was immediately struck by what a cool campaign management tool it will be. Nerfherder pointed me to this thread, and I see that I was right.

I've been looking for good campaign management software for about 8 years, and haven't ever found anything I really liked. All of them were clunky or too structured. OneNote seems to have the flexibility I want.

Does anyone know if you can embed a playlist into it? Or even individual tracks?

I swear, I'd like to take a week off work to spend playing with this program--I'm that excited! :lol:

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
thanks for this thread. this is one of the coolest programs i have ever seen. it seems like it was designed for a dm. and whoulda thunk it---i actually have it installed and never knew it. hehe.

joe

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
I kinda like Key Note for this kind of thing:
Tranglos software: KeyNote

It's free, and it's standalone. It does download as a "setup", but you can just grab the folder you copied it into and put it on a USB key drive and take around with you. No need to run the "setup" file again.
Looks like that Key Note program is abandonware. That doesn't make it unusable, but I'd prefer a program that is still being improved.

Then too, one of OneNote's great benefits (to me, at least) is the fact that it plays so well with Microsoft Office.

Honestly, I don't understand why Microsoft isn't making a bigger deal over this program. It seems like just the ticket for anyone who writes or does research.

Tenniel

First Post
I have used Lotus Notes for storing campaign material, but this is a rather large expensive package (though our nice organisation has organised home use liscences for employees). It is also a bit of work to design databases (though there are templates for journals etc). I made forms for races, religions, cultures, rules, player queries and also a character sheet (this was for 2e). I have given p on using Notes, just too cumbersome, so I am intrigued by OneNote.

There are freeware and open source notetaking products:, eg:
BasKet Note Pads
Jarnal
Springnote
Tomboy
WikidPad
Xournal
(hee hee and Keynote, I now see having got round to saving my post and see the above message... I will check that out, thanks)

Anyone used any of these?

Mercule

Adventurer
I have used Lotus Notes for storing campaign material
I used to be a Lotus Notes developer. What I could see using Notes for in campaign management, I think you could do just as well with OneNote templates. The exception being if you used views/folders a lot in Notes, rather than documents or if you needed to crunch things, database style.

Remove ads