Anyone want 44 pages of spells converted to 5e?

the Jester

Legend
So I've got this ongoing project where I'm converting old spells, both from old D&D sources official and otherwise and from my own campaign notes, to 5e. Much as I did when 3e came out, I am posting a document with a bunch of work so far for anyone interested.

In this document- which is 44 pages of actual spell conversions, plus an index of spells by class and level (and by school, for wizards)- you will find spells converted from every edition of the game from 1e through 4e. A few of them reference either custom domains or house rules, such as the critical severity and fumble charts that I use. However, the vast majority should be fine for use with "straight" D&D. Whatever spellcasting class you are playing, I've got spells for you- including such forgotten classics as arcane mark, wizard glue, thought capture, weighty chest, ivy siege, atonement, gift of speech, know customs, prying eyes, nap, regroup, blazing starfall, protection from normal missiles, anticipate teleport, reaving dispel, blackmantle, visions of ruin and more!

Sadly, I didn't reference sources for these. A couple are copied from the Elemental Evil companion, and there might be a few copied from ones posted on EnWorld, though I wouldn't swear to it.

Anyway, enjoy! I will update the pdf when it grows significantly. :)

EDIT: PDF updated 12 April.

Attachments

• spells with index.pdf
    363.2 KB · Views: 2,475
Last edited:

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Should say "dirty gray." A typo that slipped through because spell check recognized "ray." Sigh. That's what I get for not spelling grey with an E.
The AP style book says you should use the alphabetically first correct spelling. So: gray.

However, "Greyhawk" trumps the AP style book. :D

Thanks for the spells!

the Jester

Legend
If anyone has any suggestions for especially cool or 'classic' spells that are not in the PH and that I missed, especially if you can cite a source that I own, I'm happy to entertain them.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
If anyone has any suggestions for especially cool or 'classic' spells that are not in the PH and that I missed, especially if you can cite a source that I own, I'm happy to entertain them.
"Reveal DM Secret." I seem to recall this being a level five spell in 2E.
Whistle_by_Cadon79.gif

the Jester

Legend
I'll probably post an updated pdf later today; right now- not counting the index- it's up to 58 pages. I've added more missing classics (shout), weird obscure spells (follow the leader), conversions of old homebrews (Stygian oblivion) and new spells entirely (shift the earth). I'm not done, though, and I keep finding either new spells or new holes in my lists that need filling. So I'm anticipating a few rounds of revisions before I print my final version for my game. I'm really eager to have it ready to go and on paper, though!

Remove ads