Anyone Willing To Run Kingmaker? (Full)

Scotley

Hero
Red Knight's Cleric looks to be perhaps 70% complete as of this morning. I went ahead and posted with the assumption that everyone is moving south on the trail of the bandits.

We have to decide what to do about Brondelleon/Holy Man. We also need to be thinking about how the Cleric will be joining the group. I am content to just write him into the story as if he's always been there, but if anyone is uncomfortable with that speak now and we'll considered alternatives.

The group is now
Sec Silverhand playing Prince Liam the Bostful Human Cavalier
Kaodi playing Vesna "Pixie" Sirota Human Skirmisher Ranger
Duece Traveler playing Rhote Prinez the Discarded Tiefling Fire Elementalist Wizard
Shayuri playing Kyria Estanes Human Rogue
Red Knight soon to be playing an as yet unnamed Human Cleric

That makes for pretty much the standard party going back to 1e a couple of warriors, a wizard, a rogue and a cleric. Doesn't get much better than that as far as my job as DM is concerned.

MIA are the original DM, Mazzoli, the original player of Prince Liam, Insight, Jaux Rankor Human Fighter, by Disposable Hero, Grayson Half-elf Paladin by Axios, and Brondelleon Half-elf Druid by Holy Man. Many of these characters had ties to other characters that should be addressed. At this point I have not written either Grayson or Brondelleon out of the story. How do we want to handle that? Did they stay behind to protect Oleg and Svetlana? Leaving them nearby should they ask to return to the game. Did they get news from home that required them to leave immediately? Do we just let them fade quietly into the background?

Each character who participated in the brief battle against the bandits at Oleg's trading post gets 101 exp.

The module assumes you also get 100 exp for each hex on the map you fully explore (takes 1 or two days depending on the terrain. Just riding through doesn't count. I will however give you credit for the hex around the trading post. So that's another 20 exp each for the five active players.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Defending the trading post would be good options for our missing players. Our actions could have repercussions for them if we fail and having a way to protect them or get them safely away would be nice.

Kaodi

Hero
I do not recall how developed Brondelleon's background was. I think perhaps we could say he was off-put by the raw violence of the battle of the bandits and decided he would stay behind to gather himself and watch out for the Levetons. I think it would be better if he stayed on as an NPC. Even if HolyMan does not reappear Brondelleon could be quite useful later in other phases of the campaign. As for Grayson, if Axios does not reappear I think he should just fade away.

Scotley

Hero
Yeah, Axios has not been active in just over 3 weeks. PBP and EN World isn't for everyone.

Holy Man has a much longer track record here and we can hope for a reappearance. He didn't actually post a background in the RG for Brondelleon, which leaves things pretty open for us. I'm good with keeping him around as an npc if that is the consensus. A Druid could certainly come in handy later.

I believe Red Knight will be joining us shortly. He got some bad news that is slowing him down right now.

Red Knight

First Post
I'll get my cleric up and running for sure this weekend and hopefully get in on the action by weekends end. I was thinking of making him a freedom fighter of sorts, trying to liberate any captive peoples of the territory. So just FYI if there comes a time when slavers can be killed he will want and strongly advise, he is a cleric after all and very very wise, to remove the threat of slavers, but not be a dick about it.

Kaodi

Hero
I think I may keep a running tally of what gear we have collected here for a moment until we figure out exactly who is keeping all of it. Also, while Brondelleon was technically in the fight can we count it as five PCs, what we have now, and each take 80 XP for it, putting us all at 100 total?
Code:
65 gp + 150 gp (sold gear)
4 Riding Horses
Happs' Composite Longbow [+2 Str]
Quiver w/20 Arrows
2 Alchemist's Fire
Silver Stag Amulet (20 gp) - Liam
10 Standard Rations
23 Trail Rations
5 Waterskins + Assorted Beverages
2 Campfires
2 Torches
7 Blankets

Scotley

Hero
My intention was that everyone but Red Knight have 121 and Red Knight have 20. That doesn't seem like an unfair burden on him. Were you suggesting I just go ahead and keep you all at 100 to share. Very generous if all agree. I'll round up to 101.

Busy day today so won't post again until tomorrow except maybe to check in from my phone.

Red Knight

First Post
I'll get my cleric finished today. I apologize for my tardiness on getting him in the fight but both Scotley and Kaodi know what has happened recently, which has gotten worse. He'll be up and ready to go tonight some time. Thank you again guys for your patience.

Remove ads