• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Nissa nods and takes up the bottle.*

"If everyone's ready, let us complete the ceremony."

(OOC: So far no comments in the last two days, so I'll wait til tomorrow and have her break it)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That looks like everyone but Erekose, who said he's been having a hectic time lately. I guess I'll just go :))

*Nissa performs the naming ceremony to name Khora Aisa and then attempts to break the bottle, but her incredible weakness, especially in the upper body, leads to it taking two attempts to actually smash it successfully.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Ekilu smiles, "The spirts now smile uppon the Khora Aisa."

'Storms are still coming for you Ekilu.' said an all too familiar voice, that only Ekilu heard.

'I will confront my destiny. I do not shirk it.'

'Do not grow complacent. Fee’utikoo at least always kept you on your toes.'

'May Fee find her own way in the storm. I will see her again.'

Erekose13

Explorer
*Moments before the bottle is smashed upon the bow, Brightstar Vaukriel alights on the deck beside the others. His black feathered wings, oppressive in their darkness, settle to his back. Light golden symbols flow across the wings adding light like a field of stars. Once human, Vaukriel's pale face is framed by hair as black as his wings. Like the golden runes on his wings, a ring of pale blue runes circle his head oribiting his black locks at only a few inches out.*

*With a soft, calming voice he asks Tempest, "Has the decision taken place then?" When confirmed and the new name spoken, he replies, "Khora Aisa? That is a good name, one to take heart from. We all must live up to this fate we have stepped up to write for ourselves."

(ooc: sorry for the delay. Name is good :))

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
As the red wine soaks into the featureless lump, and amazing transformation takes place. A figure of a lithe woman begins to emerge, one arm outstretched, the palm up, and the other arm arced gracefully over her head. Her legs join a curling wave seeming to emerge from the bow, and her long, blonde hair streams along each side of the bow. Above her outstretched palm is a glittering, golden star, the symbol of destiny, dancing with a rainbow butterfly, the symbol of change. Licks of flame carve Khora Aisa into the port and starboard bow and the stern, giving the ship her name.

Sounds of appreciation rise from the crew, "Properly done!," "Good choice," "Lucky name," and other such things are heard above the general murmur. Captain Merri also nods solemnly. "Very well then, fine flowering that was. Good. Now, where does the Dancer go on her maiden voyage? What trouble you be gettin' us into?" The last was said with a hint of humor.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, we need help, and the time elementals, like fate, are surely just behind us as we dance the elemental seas. We need to continue away from them while looking for allies. Uncle Proteus made me promise not to go visit mother, but perhaps he could help? The fey are both powerful and unlikely to align with the dispassionate and emotionless time elementals."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Of course they're not! And we should know, shouldn't we?" Captain Merri says with a wink. He's as much a fey as Nissa. "Where's this uncle of yours berthed? If you end up with a list of places, I don't want to waste supplies cris-crossing the seas when we can do this proper-like,"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"He's a fey lord, and he purveys over Change, so he often moves about. I know a place where he often likes to stay, a quiet beautiful place," Nissa describes how to get to the beautiful island where he hid away with Nissa.

Voidrazor

First Post
Oobobooboo had no idea what a Khora Aisa was. But many of the humanoid's intricate vibrations were unrecognizable to the ooze. Neither the concept of destiny nor the realization that there was more than one language had never dawned on the amorphous being. It had lost the gist of the conversation and was 'watching' Vaukriel's wings when Nissa broke the bottle on the featureless bow.

"Ooh!", Oob burps in wonder as a figure forms on the island ship's prow. The bizzarely reflective surface of the ooze's armor emerges from its pink body. The suit crumples onto the terra cotta deck, from the open visor of the chaos armor's helmet a warped conch shell protrudes like a malformed face. Leaving the strange artifact behind, Oobobooboo rushes forward lithely to feel the just formed figurehead. Before horror can settle on any of the crew's faces, it becomes apparent that the ooze's touch doesn't seem to be causing any damage. As the ship's destination is discussed, Oob investigates the golden star and butterfly in the figure's hand with a thin pseodopod.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads