Anything But Normal, Sailing the Endless Falls...

Voidrazor

First Post
Oobobooboo stops running about, momentarily distracted from the distraction of Tempest's aerobatics by Lupaz's mind-speech. "Is Taalaship. But World-Dancer nice name."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"World-Dancer, if translated, is not a bad name at all, Oob," Nissa agrees, "Though remember Taala's last words to us? Perhaps Wings of Restoration in a fitting language would be a good name for the ship?"

Kelleris

Explorer
Lupaz is clearly anxious to get on to the portion of this discussion where we make plans for our future activities, and he inclines his head slightly as he responds.

Well, word-parsing aside, as long as we can lie about the name of the ship to certain interested parties I suppose I don't really care what moniker we give it. I pray that that will be acceptable. And the elemental languages aren't too terribly uncommon for seagoing vessels, so I suppose if you insist on translating the name that would be alright.

Last edited:

Kelleris

Explorer
[sblock=OOC for Everyone]Hmm, reading back over my posts, they look more bellicose than I intended. Treat the bolded words as merely italicized, please - I just can't double-italic telepathic speech. Well, I can unitalicize the emphasized words, but that looks silly to me.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No worries, though I agree they seemed fairly bellicose--I was hoping that the initial first one wasn't typical, or else Nissa really wouldn't want to talk to him too much)

"I'm figuring it might appear somewhere prominent, so lying about the name might be troublesome, but if not, then it could be useful in gaining support of various factions, I agree," Nissa nods.

"Destiny definitely seems to be at work here. Perhaps something that combines intimations of protection, love, and good with destiny will be just right. Perhaps something to the effect of Destiny's Embrace?"

Bront

The man with the probe
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Captain Merri raises a bushy eyebrow at the warforged. "Aye, this girl is unique, but the name defines who she is. Names have power, and doubly so with a ship like this. The name'll define her personality, and give her the power to defend herself if she must. Right now she's a bare field, and can be turned to any purpose. We best be pickin' carefully," he says with great solemnity.
"Captain is correct. A ship's name gives strength and purpose to it. Names have power amonst the spirits, so a name is not casual. My last ship, the Stormdancer, she was quick and gracefull ship, among the best serving under Taala. She sailed storms with grace and ease, and with the spirit's blessing, we returned home every time."

"Now we sail in a new storm, one of betrayal and loyalty, with the fate of a nation and it's people in our hands. Aella Aisa signifies that we sail the storms of fate and destiny. Fatedancer, or perhaps it's Aquan form, signifies that we gracefully move towards our fate with control. Destany Dancer does as well."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Khora Aisa is Destiny Dancer. That's a good name, or perhaps Destiny's Guardian or Destiny's Protector to indicate that we safeguard this land, and so shall she?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, it is very pretty, but also a strong name, showing that we recognise the far-reaching consequences of dancing with fate and choosing our own destiny from amidst the tangled web of strands. I think it is a good choice."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Captain Merri reaches down to a bag by his feet and withdraws a bottle filled with shimmering red wine. "Whatever you be decidin', break the bottle over the bow and that'll wake her up," he says with great solemnity, placing it on the grassy deck in the middle of the group.

Remove ads