AoW - The Bronzewood Lodge Group(full) - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
picture below shows how the color spray can go off. So you are good to miss Dorian.

HM

Attachments

• color spray.jpg
    color spray.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 62

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Will update tomorrow night...

jackslate45 did you wish to change your actions as you need not withdraw to get out of the swarm?

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Just improvising, but if the remains of the slain creature is caustic, can we use it to fight the swarm?

If not , what about shield bashes? The shield has a pretty much big surface, so would you allow it to do damage to a swarm (it should be more effectively than a rapier, for example).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Rule wise it wouldn't work because a shield is listed as a weapon and they are immune. Real world wise it might be the same as most shields are bowed and the surface that touches the ground not very big. So that is a no to the "Shield Squash" ability.

The acid splash is actually the best attack at low levels and if there is enough room to hit and run (which there is) than it is only a matter of time before the swarm is damaged enough not to be a threat.

So I will fast forward through all the rolls if it is ok with the group and say that the gnome splashed the swarm away.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Rule wise it wouldn't work because a shield is listed as a weapon and they are immune. Real world wise it might be the same as most shields are bowed and the surface that touches the ground not very big. So that is a no to the "Shield Squash" ability.

The acid splash is actually the best attack at low levels and if there is enough room to hit and run (which there is) than it is only a matter of time before the swarm is damaged enough not to be a threat.

So I will fast forward through all the rolls if it is ok with the group and say that the gnome splashed the swarm away.

HM

As you insisted on the rules for my 'martial stunt' to affect the swarm:

A swarm is immune to any spell or effect that targets a specific number of creatures (including single-target spells such as disintegrate), with the exception of mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms) if the swarm has an Intelligence score and a hive mind. A swarm takes half again as much damage (+50%) from spells or effects that affect an area, such as splash weapons and many evocation spells.
Acid Splash is a single target ranged touch spell. It is only named 'splash', but has no actual 'splash effect', like real acid does:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services#TOC-Acid

Yes, swarms are practically overpowered for low level group without luck, oil, or alchemist fire/acid.

So I'm not for making magic stronger than it is and going forward.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Opps I think I see I was thinking Acid Splash was like thrown acid just weaker.

So the group has no way to effect the swarm?!?

HM

jkason

First Post
Opps I think I see I was thinking Acid Splash was like thrown acid just weaker.

So the group has no way to effect the swarm?!?

HM

That would appear to be the case. Now we know why Tac was so keen to try to close off that tunnel. ;)

So, yeah, it basically looks like by RAW our options are either fleeing the adventure and buying something to burn the swarm, or a TPK at the hands of a bunch of cockroaches. :p

Remove ads