AoW - The Bronzewood Lodge Group(full) - OOC

jackslate45

First Post
Ray of Frost is cheaper (12.5 vs 25 for Fridgid touch) so I vote that.

As for which is better between acid vs fire, fire would theoretically burn more of them if they catch fire.

Walking Dad

First Post
Buying a weapon cord for Dorian and extra rope sounds good. What about some healing scrolls (and at least one potion, if my cleric is the only one with healing spells/abilities, to bring him back, if he falls).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
You each have plenty in your own gold to each get a healing potion. Just let the others know you bought one WD (IC).

Not sure if everyone is worried about group buys or personal buys this trip. Maybe it would be better if everything you get is for the group this time out. Just a suggestion I just think 6 weeks is to long to be worrying over it.

Anyone know a better way to play/figure out how to handle this next time. I am all ears eyes. :p

HM

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
It will be cheaper for the others to buy scrolls for out of combat healing than potions (Dorain can use them for them, if needed). Don't expect Dorian to sacrifice every slot for healing or buy all healing items for the complete group, so the others can hoard money. 'scroll' is the low level variant of a wand of CLW.

But we could try to pool our money to got one of these instead... thoughts?.

jkason

First Post
Anyone know a better way to play/figure out how to handle this next time. I am all ears eyes. :p

I think it's really just a matter of letting us handwave the shopping trip as much as possible. I feel like we spent a lot of time trying to figure out where shops were, then asking if they had what we wanted. It's fun, but obviously slows things down plot-wise quite a bit. RP for rare items makes sense (and could even lead to side quests), but if in general you aren't opposed to us buying something and we're in a position to buy, I think it might be quicker to just have us figure out what we're buying OOC, then move on?

My 2 cents, in any case.

I updated Tac with some more purchases given the splits above (upgraded his armor, tools, and backpack). If we want to go in on a wand, I can un-buy his potions to contribute, or possibly also forego the MW armor and backpack, depending on how much we need.

jackslate45

First Post
It will be cheaper for the others to buy scrolls for out of combat healing than potions (Dorain can use them for them, if needed). Don't expect Dorian to sacrifice every slot for healing or buy all healing items for the complete group, so the others can hoard money. 'scroll' is the low level variant of a wand of CLW.

But we could try to pool our money to got one of these instead... thoughts?.

a CLW wand could be more useful. Glimnock has UMD, and would only need a 12 to use it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
If four of you did that would be 187.5 leaving everyone 186.5gp to buy their own items. Wow almost half LOL

But remember you can also use the UMD on scrolls.

HM

jackslate45

First Post
750 gold / 50 charges = 15 gold per charge, vs a scrolls 25. For repeated use of 1st level spells, wands are always the way to go.

EDIT: Glimnock happily chimes in. He does not like getting hit, no sir.

Remove ads