• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

April and Beyond is up

Glyfair

Explorer
Lord Tirian said:
Or release Keith Baker's Dragonshard articles that are stuck at WotC for quite a while. Oh, wait, somehow they need to get articles for Dragon, once it's no longer free, right?
Indeed, I seem to recall Keith saying he had written some Ebberon Expanded articles as well. Given they must be 3.5 sources, it seems releasing them is now or never.

JustaPlayer

First Post
Pinotage said:
Meh. I suspect the lack of information is because they're not really releasing anything useful before 4e and 3.5e stopped ages ago. Can't really blame them in a way.

Just wish they'd spend the time doing something useful, like compiling those Dragon and Dungeon magazines into one file.
Pinotage

Amen to that!

WhatGravitas

Explorer
DaveMage said:
This is the way I've been wanting previews for years!
The more I'm thinking about that page, the more annoyed I get.

Why? Let me explain:

If I'm on WotC's D&D homepage, I'm looking for D&D-related news - it's the reason why I visit the page. Sure, a occasional plug for something else, perhaps in connection with a D&D, reference is okay. But that as regular format?

Because "Gamer Lifestyle" is essentially something for "Gamers", not for D&D players visiting the D&D homepage. So let me ask, why don't you put that on the Gleemax homepage instead of the D&D homepage. And, considering that Gleemax is a MtG-based name, why don't I see something like that on the MtG homepage?

It seems that the D&D players are the current testbed for their community efforts. And solely the D&D players (and message board posters). But they shy away from doing stuff like that to the MtG homepage, instead these guys get daily articles about MtG in some way, whether these are developer essays, general ramblings, or multi player tips or general strategy.

And look at the other WotC pages. D&D is the sole target group for that stuff. While they have unreleased articles that fans WANT to read. I start to get annoyed by their web staff and their general PR - especially concerning their community efforts.

And that doesn't seem to be a problem of the D&D team (incl. "The Rouse"), I begin to think that the priorities of WotC in general are perhaps somewhat ill-managed with respect to their D&D target group.

Cheers, LT.

Ant

First Post
Gaaah! That was terrible!

I mean Shrek the Third? C'mon!

(The new Star Wars Saga book did pique my interest though)

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
While I agree the Ending to the movie version of The Mist was crap, the gamer - blog format does not thrill me either.

*sniff* I kinda liked the ending. *sniff*

Yeah and the blog fomat is underwhelming at best.

Remove ads