AquaMoan

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I really don't understand his appeal. He was terrible in Conan (and it bombed, badly) and terrible in Stargate Atlantis. Didn't watch Baywatch when he was on it.

Ryujin

Legend
Picture of Jason Momoa as Aquaman just got released. He looks pretty cool as Aquaman, but it's Aquaman. Meh...

Why did Martin have to kill Khal Drogo? Jerk

Aquaman from the comics was a badass. Unfortunately "The Superfriends" watered down that badass image significantly. Momoa fits the physical part of the role rather well.

I thought he did fine in Stargate.

I agree. He played his character, a 'perfect soldier' sort of guy, remarkably well. He also did his own physical stuff, which is always a big plus to me. He's no master thespian, but then again he's thankfully no Ben Affleck either.

Aquaman from the comics was a badass. Unfortunately "The Superfriends" watered down that badass image significantly. Momoa fits the physical part of the role rather well.
I assume you would agree with this article about Aquaman.

I agree. He played his character, a 'perfect soldier' sort of guy, remarkably well. He also did his own physical stuff, which is always a big plus to me. He's no master thespian, but then again he's thankfully no Ben Affleck either.
I don't think he is looking to play the lead in the remake of Schindler's List, either. He seems to go more for the action hero movies. He has the look for it, so he has that going for him. Besides, some time being a great actor isn't the best thing when you're in a action movie like this. Ed Norton is a pretty good actor. I wish someone had bet his face in with a shovel before they started filming The Incredible Hulk. He was terrible.

Ryujin

Legend
Agree with it? Hell, I almost feel like I wrote it.

There's a fundamental problem with trying to turn something like "Hulk" or "The Incredible Hulk" into a remake of Hamlet. It's that comics are drawn in four colours or black and white, with limited and punchy dialogue. Trying to puff that out into some tortured soul piece, with a big name actor, breaks the subject matter in my opinion. You pointed out an obvious example and the previous Ang Lee piece, "Hulk", was also guilty of it. (I work at the location in which the big fight scene in "The Incredible Hulk" was shot; Yonge Street and Gerrard Street, in Toronto.)

Momoa, on the othe rhand, has appropriate "four colour range."

Agree with it? Hell, I almost feel like I wrote it.

There's a fundamental problem with trying to turn something like "Hulk" or "The Incredible Hulk" into a remake of Hamlet.
Something just doesn't seem right.

hulk.jpg

Remove ads