Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower looks speculatively to the north, where the lizard infected temple awaits them. "Should we really treck all the way back to the other camp? We would lose three days of travel through the jungle just to get over the hill between this camp and the temple. There has to be an easier way..."

Arabesu

OOC ability damage is healed at a rate of 1/day. Hightower is all set but Rosa is down 3 strength I believe. You can go directly to the temple but it will still take you the better part of a day. Since its late in the day when you meet Kuma, you could try to travel through the jungle at night (a difficult prospect unless you have good survival skills) or you could set out early the next morning, which would deposit you on the steps early evening.

Please post a marching order and perception checks. And when you wish to leave.

Oh, and apologies for the delay. Work amp'ed up and I've been hastily trying to read the 4e phb.

moritheil

First Post
Rosa peers at Hightower. "Well, if we retrace our steps, we'll get to take out anyone who was tracking us, plus we'll know if they had the wherewithal to track us. I agree it's a bit of a shame about the lost time, but in times like these caution is best."

OOC:
Spot (1d20 9=12)
[sblock=Arabesu]
Arabesu said:
OOC ability damage is healed at a rate of 1/day..

Didn't we completely rest for 1 day? I counted regular healing for 1 day and 1 day of complete rest. You're right about the original strength damage being 5, though.

SRD said:
Healing Ability Damage

Ability damage is temporary, just as hit point damage is. Ability damage returns at the rate of 1 point per night of rest (8 hours) for each affected ability score. Complete bed rest restores 2 points per day (24 hours) for each affected ability score.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower - HP 37/37, AC 25/29, Saves: F+6/+8 R+2 W+1/+3

Hightower hefts the massive shield off of his back and moves toward the front of the group as the column begins to form after they have rested for the night, as the first rays of the sun light up the tops of the trees.

Spot & Listen: 21, 14

Arabesu

And were back!

Hightower has led the company for several hours when he is just able to notice something wrong about the trees just ahead of him (40 feet) within the lower canopy (30 off the ground).

At that distance he can't tell exactly what it is, but is seems to be quite big. He can barely make out that it is slowly climing toward them, but it seems to be moving VERY quietly.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent had been covering their tracks, making sure that no other foes were trying to sneak up on them and surround them. Occasionally, he would move forwards, to get a glimpse of Hightower, but then would easily fall back and keep a scout on the rear flank....

Of course, he is oblivious as to what is about to transpire...

Arabesu

Finally a use for endurance.

OOC I had assumed that, on the way to pick up Kuma and on the way back, Trent had been moving through the trees using his climb skill based upon one of your earlier posts. So I am going to assume that he drops back to cover tracks on the ground (increasing the DC to track the group by +5), and returns to rejoin the group by taking the lower canopy. He does NOT have trackless step, so with the right abilities, he could be tracked through the treeline. Thus, Trent is getting tired, but thanks to his endurance feat he aught to be able to keep this up for the entire trip back to the temple...

All of his backtracking and catching up at his 20' climb speed has forced Trent to hustle from time to time. If he was not so endurant, he would be forced to rest. Luckily the doughty dragon-shaman seems an an inexhaustible font of energy and vitality.

Thus, Trent does not see the hulk moving through the lower canopy on his level, but luckily he is 40 feet behind Highttower and 30 feet above the ground (50 on the diagonal).

OOC: Anyone else want to describe their position relative to Hightower should do so, and I will hastily throw up an ascii map once I have everyone's position.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower - HP 37/37, AC 29/29, Saves: F+6/+8 R+2 W+1/+3

Hightower quietly raises his chain weilding hand, to signal the column to stop. He drops into his defensive stance as the creature approaches through the trees. "Something is coming towards us through the canopy there." He tries to take a moment to get a better view of what's coming down on them.

OOC - activate Expertise, -4 to hit for +4 to AC.

Spot & Listen: (1d20+5=24, 1d20+5=13)

Remove ads