Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

moritheil

First Post
Init (1d20 1=16)

Rosa prepares to blind the creature with magic if it comes too close to the party [ready action: cast Blindness]. She moves as needed to keep the thing targeted, but takes pains to stay out of the line of fire and not interfere with others.

OOC: Did not add senses aura, as DM instructed not to.

Arabesu

round 1 begins

The monster sweeps through the canopy brachiating on four strong powerful arms. Trent can see that as it approaches him it is sniffing the air but when it gets just over hightower, it drops out of sight. Terrifyingly, he can feel the beast coming closer as the trees are shaken violently beneath him. Although he can still catch glimpses of white fur beneath him, the canopy makes it difficult to stab him with his longspear as it passes beneath. The rest of the heroes see a Girralon drop to swing from the bottom branches of the lower canopy. Passing above them, it stops just beneath Trent.

OOC: Trent would have gotten AOO but is flat-footed. Only the Girralon, Hightower, and Kuma got to go in the surprise round.

Code:
TUUUUTUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUTUUUUTUUUUU
T      T        T      T     T
T       T        T     T     T
T         T      T     T       T
T           T    T     T        T
T            T T       T        T
T            TT        T        T
T            T TT       T      T
TLLLLLLLLLLLTLLTLTLLL_t_TLLLLLLTLLLLLL
T    T     T   T  T  G T       T
T     T   T    T   T  T       T
T     T  T     T    T T        T
T     T T      T     TT        T
T     TT       T     TT        T
T_____T______h_T_rfk_T_________T
T= climbable tree trunk, U=upper canopy, L=lower canopy.
h=Hightower, G=Girralon, k=Kuma, r=Rosa, f=Fenwick.

1st Regular round:
Fennwick 22 (gone already, casts invisibility)
Kuma 19 (takes standard/move from surprise round, plus regular round of actions)
Trent 17 (steps back 5ft, stabs the beast, scoring deep hit with his longspear)
Rosa 16 (casts blindness)
Girralon 6 (full attack action, its coming)
Hightower 5 (moves to be beneath the Girralon and continues to ready)

Kuma is up next, Fennwick has just taken his turn to cast invisibility, you are in the first regular round.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
As the creature comes into sight, Kuma screeches and grabs the crystal around his neck.

"Siberys grant us mercy and guidence!" he babbles at it. "Power of the Dragon Above, shine down upon us!"

The stone does indeed shine then, a soft blue light that somehow still manages to encompass the group in a strange feeling of surety...striking away fear and lending confidence. With the favor of the Sky Dragon, how can they fail?

Emboldened by his success, Kuma grabs his crossbow and looses a bolt at the creature as it drops down to assault them!

Surprise round: Bless (everyone gets +1 to hit)
Normal action: Attack with crossbow
to hit 19
Damage 3

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1635499/

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower - HP 37/37, AC 21/21, Saves: F+6/+8 R+2 W+1/+3

Hightower watches helplessly as the creepy 4 armed ape swings overhead, just out of reach. "I think he can see you up there. Bring him down to us! I think its our friend from the cage." The goliath moves back into the group so that he will have first crack when the gorillon starts to descend.

OOC - no more combat expertise, move back directly under the beasty. How high is that lower canopy?

moritheil

First Post
Seizing the moment as the girralon pauses, Rosa invokes necromantic magic and speaks the words of power required to blind the creature.

OOC: DC 10 + 4 int + 2 level + 1 feat = 17
Taking the readied action.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent spies the beast, as it moves below him. He quickly changes his aura to that of protection, as he moves slightly closer to the foe. (5 foot step towards foe to be within reach, DR2/Magic for all within 30 feet of me)

With his longspear out, he thrusts it at the foe, hoping that it would fall from the perch it hangs on. He will alter the attack though, to allow the weapon to make use of it's impaling power. (Touch Attack on foe, Impaling property)

[sblock=Attack]Touch Attack with Longspear (1d20 6=26, 1d8 4=10) Crit Confirm, Crit Confirm and extra dmg if confirms (1d20 6=24, 2d8 8=12) I think that confirms! 22 total dmg[/sblock]

Trent sees the gaping wound of the foe, and wonders if the thing would be able to fend off another one of those. Unfortunately, that also brings the creatures focus on him, more than likely, as Trent prepares for the worst...

AC18
HP 42/42

Last edited:

Arabesu

Everyone in the party can see pinkly puckered scars from many recently healed wounds dispersed across the girralon's hide. The girralon seems to be particularly aggressive and agitated. And probably hungry.

Kuma spots the girralon aproaching first and casts a blessing over the party. Raising his crossbow, he puts a small bolt into the creature's hide.

Fennwick cast his invisibility spell.

Trent stabs at the girralon viscously wounding it and drawing out a guttural snarl from the predatory animal.

Rosa casts her blindness spell at the creature, but it washes over it with no apparent affect.

The girralon hops to the elbow on the tree trunk just below Trent (OOC 5ft move). Gripping the angled tree with its powerful feet, it lashes out with all of its claws including a toothy bite. Luckily for Trent, one of the claws and the bite miss. Unluckily for him, the girralon rends large chunks of his flesh with the remaining three claw attacks. Fortunately his new aura reduces the damage significantly (Trent takes 30 damage, would have been 38!).

Hightower moves to be twenty five feet directly underneath the girralon, adjacent to a knotty tree truck (Climb DC 12).

Code:
TUUUUTUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUUUTUUUUTUUUUU
T      T        T      T     T
T       T        T     T     T
T         T      T     T       T
T           T    T     T        T
T            T T       T        T
T            TT        T        T
T            T TT       T      T
TLLLLLLLLLLLTLLTLTLLLL_tTLLLLLLTLLLLLL
T    T     T   T  T   GT       T
T     T   T    T   T  T       T
T     T  T     T    T T        T
T     T T      T     TT        T
T     TT       T     TT        T
T_____T________T_rfk_Th________T

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Seeing that he would soon be another meal if he did not somehow get out of this mess, Trent bellows forth his acidic breath, straight into the monster's face. As the acid breath takes effect, Trent uses the time to move back a little ways, onto the branch, and then jumps down from the 30 foot perch. As the ground comes up at him quickly, it was better than all of those attacks that would have come his way had he decided to stay up there. The ground is not as soft as he had hoped, as the sound of a bone twisting is heard by all those nearby. The wind knocked out, Trent can barely see straight, before he stares up into the treeline, wondering what is going to happen next...

[sblock=Jump Down]DC15 Jump Check (1d20-1=3) Fail horribly, drop to ground prone.30 Foot Falling dmg (3d6=8)[/sblock]

AC18
4/42hp

[sblock=OOC]Not sure, but here's my actions: 5 Foot Step East (Free), Breath Weapon (Standard), Jump down 30 Feet (Move) I think the jump is counted as part of a move action, so I think I am screwed. I wasn't sure if dropping prone would allow me to simply 'fall off' of the tree, which is my hope. That AoO is the killer, as if I incur one, then it's gonna be harder for me to stay alive in this campaign, lol. Oh well, either way, he's got Diehard, so hopefully that AoO doesn't do more than 14dmg. If it's 13, then it's -9hp, and I can switch my aura to Vigor to stay alive.[/sblock]

Remove ads