Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen - IC

Arabesu

Fast forward a few rounds:

Stacking the bodies like cord wood (the last of which is only unconscious until you dispatch him), those who are not set outside of the mist to be lookouts search the bodies of the fallen poison dusk lizardmen. They find three small-sized longswords of excellent craftsmanship (OOC MW assuming I get a DC 15 appraise from someone for each item except the poison, amulet, and collar), two small longbows of a similar quality, and a VERY nice composite longbow (small, MW, mighty +2). Within their combined quivers, they find 7 poisoned arrows (DC 20 craft - alchemy) and 41 non-poisoned arrows; they each wore masterwork studded leather and masterwork bucklers. The Lieutenant wore an amulet and his snake wore a jewel encrusted collar, which both radiate magic if checked.

The last item of note on each of them is the Reed Whistle:

Reed Whistle
This device is a length of hollow reed with a rope affixed to one end. When the reed is spun around at the end of the rope, it emits a deep flutelike whistle that varies in pitch and volume based upon the speed it is spun and the length of cord let out. Different tones presumably impart different messages.

I need a fortitude save from Hightower, Trent, and Faris; might as well roll them now.

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower, Goliath Barb2 Fighter2, 29/37HP, AC 20, touch 15 (uncanny dodge)

On reaching to the center of the clearing, Hightower drops the headless corpse that he had retrieved from the sweltering jungle with a sickening thud/crunch. As if it weighed no more than a sack of fallen leaves in autumn, then looks around as the rest of the party start to regroup.

When the last lizard charges boldly into the clearing, slavering and issuing its hissing challenge, the goliath actually raises an amused if hairless eyebrow before stepping forward with a satisfied gravely rumble in his throat. lashing out with his chain low as he continues to close the gap. "Yes! Enough of this cowardly skulking in the brush."[sblock=Trip?]If I can act then I'll go ahead and Trip vs touch: (1d20+9=15)plusAction Point (if nessesary): (1d6=4) with a Strength Check: (1d20+13=32) to knock it to the ground. To catch him alive if possible.[/sblock]

Fort save: (1d20+8=11)
With the lizardman firmly under foot and immobilized for questioning, and the combat seemingly over. Hightowers vision begins to swim...

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Realizing that more trouble will probably befall the group within the next 9 hours, so Fenwick will take an action to activate the mage armour & protection from arrows functions of his cloak. Also, Fenwick will approach Faris and inquire if he'd like some additional protection. If so, he'll cast mage armour on the druid as well.

OOC AC 18, DR 10/magic for ranged weapons (up to 90 points of damage), Cloak has a CL of 9. +4 to Faris' AC (I'd imagine it would stay while he shifted, for 5 hrs.)
Spells remaining:
0 - 5, 1st - 4 (5 if the mage armour on Faris won't work), 2nd - 5

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Arabesu said:
Fast forward a few rounds:

Stacking the bodies like cord wood (the last of which is only unconscious until you dispatch him)

Rosa will plead with her comrades to leave the last one alive for a bit of questioning. She has lots of rope and will take 20 on efforts to tie him up, for 21 (23 if someone else aids her.) She welcomes help in making sure the knots are secure, and will of course check to ensure he carries no hidden weapons.

She plans to put the bodies out of sight by the time he wakes up and then attempt Charm Person to get some information.

search (1d20 11=26)
Appraise (1d20 4=18)

Last edited:

Arabesu

OOC would Hightower like to use an action point? :]

OOC Fenwick needs to roll two Spellcraft checks for the glowing items to get their respective schools. Alternatively he can spend one action point per item and automatically know what each of them do as if casting identify.

She plans to put the bodies out of sight by the time he wakes up and then attempt Charm Person to get some information.

This is unlikely to occur between now and your next encounter unless you somehow rush it by taking yourself out of the search/appraise tasks and by using healing.

Also, who will be outside of the mist as your lookout, Faris? :D

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
Arabesu said:
This is unlikely to occur between now and your next encounter unless you somehow rush it by taking yourself out of the search/appraise tasks and by using healing.

"Why don't we figure out what to do with that one?" asks Rosa. "I had hoped we could find some better use for him than just killing him. Do we need to make tracks quickly? Can he be carried? Or are we better off getting rid of him anyhow?"

Arabesu

mage armor overlaps with her boon.

OOC
+4 to Faris' AC (I'd imagine it would stay while he shifted, for 5 hrs.)

OOC This will only net her one to her armor class, since she already has an item that provides a +3 armor bonus and works while shifted: see her boon. However, a net +1 that lasts for 5 hours isn't bad if you've got the slots to spare.

Last edited:

Arabesu

OOC

At least Trent thinks he's saved until I reveal what the DC really is... :uhoh:

Since Trent is a lookout, he now needs to make two listen checks and one spot check.

Fenwick fails to get the school on the amulet, but is sure that the collar emits minor abjuration.

Remove ads