[Arabian Nights] Tale of the Redeemable and the Unredeemed

Queenie

Queen of Everything
That could work, about her family. They don't need to have forgotten her, perhaps they just gave up hope of finding her since she was gone so long? Metef could have cursed her true love then left her in the casket? Is there someplace to read what this fated woman's story was?

Quickleaf

Legend
Some thoughts about possible character ties. Take what you like...

Abdul & Tariq -- As a treasure hunter it's possible Tariq (depending on the character age differences) relied on Akim and "his" band of beggar boys to help retrieve a treasure map in Huzuz.

Abdul & "the Princess" -- As the daughter of Grand Caliph Khalil al-Assad al-Zahir, it's possible the Princess ran across Abdul in the Grand Caliph's court when Abdul was part of a competition of calligraphers.

Tariq & "the Princess" - As a rogue Tariq may have run afoul of the Grand Caliph's guards while stealing something and the Princess stumbled upon him.

Just some ideas to get your imaginations going.

Also, when you're ready could you guys post your characters to this thread?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Abdul & "the Princess" -- As the daughter of Grand Caliph Khalil al-Assad al-Zahir, it's possible the Princess ran across Abdul in the Grand Caliph's court when Abdul was part of a competition of calligraphers.

Tariq & "the Princess" - As a rogue Tariq may have run afoul of the Grand Caliph's guards while stealing something and the Princess stumbled upon him.

I like these two! But am open to others. Jon (Fenris) has what we need to make the characters, we will start writing them up. I will just need the connection to Abdul :)

Quickleaf

Legend
That could work, about her family. They don't need to have forgotten her, perhaps they just gave up hope of finding her since she was gone so long? Metef could have cursed her true love then left her in the casket? Is there someplace to read what this fated woman's story was?
We never had worked out specifics about the woman in the glass coffin...IIRC the idea was Garth's (@The Shadow).

Queenie

Queen of Everything
We never had worked out specifics about the woman in the glass coffin...IIRC the idea was Garth's (@The Shadow).
Got it! When he comes around he can give me some info on it, we could probably make it work. Fenris and I mostly have our backgrounds and connection figured out so we will work on getting them written up here.

Hannerdyn

Explorer
I missed this because I can only see threads with 'Dungeons & Dragons' tags next to them, to my great loss.

I've been reading over the Fate rules and they look great, but more than that I really like the flavor and depth you're looking for here - it's in my wheelhouse, up my alley, rocks my boat, etc.

Are you still looking for players? I think I can have a character & concept together in the next few days for your review.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Yes Fenris and I still want to play! Fenris is working on making the characters now. The background is there we just need to put it in FATE forum, which neither of us is familiar with. We'll try to have to them done by Sunday night. Is that okay?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Okay Fenris and I are still super into this; however; he's been really busy with work and when it comes down to it he hasn't had a chance to learn the FATE system on his own. As opposed to the Pirates game where we were both mostly familiar with 5e and you made it really easy with all the stuff you posted for us, he whipped up our characters in a couple of days, give and take the small stuff. We both have our pretty solid concepts for this, it's just a matter of getting the grits down on paper. So we do want to play, we just both feel badly holding you guys up.

We're not pulling out of the game by any means but if you need to get going without us we understand. Jon thinks he can probably get it done by the end of next weekend if that's helpful. We just don't want to say we can have it done tomorrow and not be able to fulfill that. :)

Remove ads