[Arabian Nights] Tale of the Redeemable and the Unredeemed

Quickleaf

Legend
If this gets up and running again, I'd be interested. By the time I noticed this thread, it had already been dormant for a while. But I'm a big fan of FATE and games like it.

The only problem with running the system for first-timers, I think, is that the dice can be hard to visualize if you haven't played with them before. Does the [ roll ] code on ENWorld support Fudge dice at all? I've seen it turn up on other sites.
I haven't seen any sign of Fudge dice in the Pbp threads yet. To be honest, I'm struggling to grok the Fate rules using the online SRD.

So when are we planning on starting?
I am waiting on the others to post their characters.

Any advice about familiarizing myself with Fate in a quick easy way? I am getting a general feel from the online SRD but it's still hard for me to grasp the flow of actual play and what I do as the GM in a game using Fate rules.

Unsung

First Post
[MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION] I've played Fate before. It's been a couple of years, but I'll see if I can help. What in particular are you having the most trouble grokking? And we can use that as a jumping-off point.

Fudge dice are really just d3-2, so any dice-rolling system can handle them that way in a pinch. It's more convenient to roll 4dF, but 4d3-8 does work.

I've played Fate a lot, I'm also willing to share my experience. Is there some area in particular you're having trouble with, Aaron? The main thing, I think, is that Fate expects the players to be more proactive than in a lot of other games.

Again, I'm willing to revert to True20 if people will be more comfortable. I only suggested Fate because it's what I've been playing a lot of lately.

Remove ads