• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcana Unearthed is...

Ysgarran

Monte At Home said:
...off the printer!

<Big Snip>
We're really excited about this one. Can you tell?

Heh, you are not the only one...

Could you put a signed copy up on e-bay early without breaking any rules? I'd bid on it...

Mystic Eye said:
Just adding to the fun here I wanted to share a pic or two from our upcoming epic adventure for Arcana Unearthed, Siege on Ebonring Keep.

Nice...
Who is the Artist?

Ysgarran.

EarthsShadow

First Post
Monte, I am so pissed at you right now. I was so over d20 and D&D that I got rid of most of my books about a year ago, and haven't played since. And now you are putting out one of the coolest rpg books I have ever seen, and all I can say is "I'm going to get those books for AU, and all the support books also."

Dammn you and your amazing imagination and your ability to get some of us like me who gave up on d20 and/or d20-like games to get us right back into them with this amazing book and campaign setting.

I already set aside my money for these products, now you just have to release them so I can buy them.

Arrggghhhhh!!!!! :D

*got hooked again, on man is my wife going to be pissed* ;) :D

pogre said:

I was looking through you site to see previews - could not find any. Are you going to post any greens or pre-production sculpts?

Yes! As soon as they're available. We might have the first one this week.

Could you put a signed copy up on e-bay early without breaking any rules?

It's not a matter of breaking any rules. We just don't have any copies. We might not see a copy until GenCon ourselves!

NLP

First Post
EarthsShadow said:
Dammn you and your amazing imagination and your ability to get some of us like me who gave up on d20 and/or d20-like games to get us right back into them with this amazing book and campaign setting.
I think many of us have just reached a point where elves and dwarves, fighters and wizards, have grown hum-drum. We're looking for something new and fresh to lead us in a new fantasy direction. I have a feeling that AU is going to be that product for a lot of us. I am even looking forward to it, and I don't even play d20.

Fresh ideas and perspectives are what I really think the industry needs right now. I look foward to the day when more publishers like Monte start building upon, rather than adding to, the current OGL/d20 market.

JoeGKushner

First Post
NLP said:

I think many of us have just reached a point where elves and dwarves, fighters and wizards, have grown hum-drum. We're looking for something new and fresh to lead us in a new fantasy direction. I have a feeling that AU is going to be that product for a lot of us. I am even looking forward to it, and I don't even play d20.

Fresh ideas and perspectives are what I really think the industry needs right now. I look foward to the day when more publishers like Monte start building upon, rather than adding to, the current OGL/d20 market.

THis has been done several times before d20 came around. Look for Talislanta or Journe. Both should have you covered quite well.

NLP

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
THis has been done several times before d20 came around. Look for Talislanta or Journe. Both should have you covered quite well.
To me, it is easier to learn and convert from 1 game system than to waste time learning a dozen or more different systems. Not all gamers want to learn 50 game systems in their life time. I know I don't. :)

JoeGKushner

First Post
Ain't that the truth!

One of the reasons I'm glad d20 is doing as well as it is. Still, Everquest isn't 100% (hell, to me, not evern 90%) fully compatible so I'm very curious to see how well Arcana Unearthed does in that field.

pogre

Legend
Miniatures

Hey those first greens look great. The Giant expecially is a must have! Malhavoc the Magister has a lot of animation - very well done. I believe that is the limited edition piece. Sibeccai Female is my least favorite, but still passable.

It must be very exciting to see these come in!

Last edited:

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'm a little disapointed at the limited edition figure. I can understand the marketing of it but since I won't be at Gen Con and it looks like Monte's not taking preorders...

pogre said:
It must be very exciting to see these come in!

As a big miniatures fan, I gotta say, it really is.

I can understand the marketing of it but since I won't be at Gen Con and it looks like Monte's not taking preorders...

I couldn't take orders of the miniature if I wanted to. They're not mine to sell (it's a license, and the GenCon deal was an agreement).

Perhaps if you contact Iron Wind Metals directly (iwm@ironwindmetals.com), they'll sell you a magister while supplies last. I have no idea.

Regardless, I've got to say that I find it distressing that every time a publisher offers something for free, or makes a special discount deal, people complain about some aspect of it. I see it time and time again, whether it's from us or from another publisher. I'm not trying to point a finger at you, Joe, it's a general attitude, and I've got to tell you, it's disheartening.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads