• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

LazarusLong42

First Post
"I'll head with Beleril to the College. I'm not certain I trust any information that may be for sale, though."

OOC: I'm outta here, gents. Have a good weekend! Xael, if you could NPC Serei for the nonce, that'd be great... I *think* I've made her motives and interests generally evident, at least for initial stuff.

Jaik

First Post
"Hmm, those all sound like good ideas. How about I check with some of my sources and I'll meet you back here later on?"
Weslin will stay and chat with the merchants for a bit, trying to work up some good will, and maybe find out why they were glancing at our table earlier. He'll then go check with some more underworld-ly type contacts for home acquisition opportunities.

shaff

First Post
"I think with Tyrog and myself we should be able to take care of the law enforcement office alone. We will need the most people going to the 'pay for information' booths, seeing as there are so many. I will be back in a couple hours, i will regroup with you all in this very inn."
And with that Armel and his "bodygaurd" Tyrog walk out the door after thanking Wil.

Snowtiger

First Post
"Off to the Bardic college we go." says Beleril leading the way out the door with Kurik close behind. As the door opens, Kerr and Tolli swoop through the opening and out into the city. Beleril smiles dazzlingly and says "Let's go see what we can see, Serei!"

Beleril concentrates for a moment and "says" to Kerr, Please watch over me and the other bigfeet. Let me know if anyone is trying to follow us. Ok?

ooc: I assume Serei follows as Lazarus had indicated she would (to the core of bardic influence for this region).

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Myrkskog finishes his pie, seeing if the merchants respond to Kavernus' offer of services.
Samoth ruffles his feathers as the two other owls fly off, remaining in the rafters awaiting Myrkskog's direction.

Xael

First Post
Kavernus and those who stayed at the inn:

While the two bodyguards start carrying the uncoscius drunks outside, the merchant ansvers to Kavernus: "Well, it somehow depends. Me and my friends here", he gestures towards the three other merchants, who nod to you. "happened to overhear some of your conversation, something about fortresses I think. If you would indulge us of the whole picture, and we havent completely misunderstood this far, we might have something that could interest you. But first", he says and gets up, extending his hand towards you. "Randal Telforar, pleasure to meet you."

Those who left the inn:

Once Armel has paid the bill (5 silver, Wil probably gave you a generous discount), you step outside to the main street in Trade Ward. The street is full of people going somewhere, shopping, and probably includes at least few pickpockets. The two bodyguards move the unconscius drunks to a sitting position against the wall of the inn, and get a few chuckles from passerbys.

Armel & Tyrog:

You start walking towards the Castle Waterdeep, which can be clearly seen at the other side of the city. The trip will probably take a while.

Serei, Beleril & Kurik:

You can almost immediately see a booth like you were looking for. Finding this particular booth isn't any kind of miracle though, as there is quite a few people going in and out of the house. And what kind of house it is? Well, the whole front wall of the two-story house is full of all kinds of plagats with lines like: "Tips and tricks to make your fields prosper", "How to dress to a party", and other such deeply informative things, with few meaningful lines here and there. There's also a big sign at the second floor with a text: "Evendur's Magnificient Mansion of Knowledge".

Distinguishable from commoners, there is also a group of two robed men bearing a symbol that marks them as members of the City Watch. Third person bearing the same symbol, this one a woman, comes out from the "Mansion of Knowledge", laughing uncontrollably and shaking his head to the other robed guards.

OOC: Damn you post fast.

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
A pleasure to make your aquaintence Master Telforer. I am Kavernus called 'the Blue Horned'. My compatriots and I are considering forming our own mages guild and were considering places to start the academy. Kavernus gestures and mutters a phrase and a goblin appears and fetches a chair for Kavernus than winks out. Kavernus sits in the chair and orders another drink from the half orc.

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
Weslin will shake hands with the merchant, introduce himself, then move his meal to the merchants' table, perch on a chair and listen to the conversation.

shaff

First Post
seeing the pickpockets are out and about, Armel makes sure to tell Tyrog to hide his money under his clothes. And Armel does the same.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads