• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Arcane Might Part 1: The Search for Home (Still running)

Zhure

First Post
Lugash the Fair

OOC: sorry, got behind because I work overnights

Lugash looks quite pleased at the piled up and sleeping drunks. "Nice work, Serei."

After the ruckus has died down and it's obvious no further fights are brewing, Lugash will excuse himself from the rest. "I think I'll quickly run to a Helmite temple. If anyone knows of the sort of place we're seeking, it'll be them."

So saying, he excuses himself from the table and marches briskly through the streets.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Myrkskog will stay quiet for the time being, wanting to hear what the merchants have to offer/say. Samoth will stay in the rafters, keeping an eye/ear out for trouble (or any mice).

Xael

First Post
Snowtiger said:
ooc: Helooooo? Anybody out there? Awfully quiet in here..

Sorry, since you talked about going both to the Bardic college and the "information booths", I just though you'd go for the closest first. I'll update later today.

Edit: Or tomorrow...

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Those at the inn:

Randal looks at the other merchants, apparently asking for an opinion, and the others just shrug. Then Randal turns back to you and speaks: "Well, I don't know if this helps you in any way, but let's try anyway. We're here to - as usual - to sell our products to waterdhavians. We have been doing this for years, and we've had one particular customer coulple of years ago, who bought a lot of stuff from us.", he waves to his comrades again, who nod. "This particular person, Malark being his name, bought our products with a loan that he promised to pay back. We believed him, as he had very good connections to places, where he could sell our products with even higher profit. Well, he did sell them, but when we come back here next summer - we just can't stand it here at winter - we find out that Malark has moved away. He moved away from the law boundaries of waterdeep, so the officials here cant' do anything to help us. We sent couple of our people to talk to him in his new home at the mountains north of here. Not one of them returned, so we stopped sending them and gave up. Now, his loan included a very large interest, and the amount he would have to pay back is, at the moment, *cough* about double the amount we loaned him. We would need somebody to go to his home, and drag him back to Waterdeep officials, so that we could raise legal claims to get back our money. Which probably leads to complete bankrupt on his part. Now, we haven't seen the place he lives in, but knowing Malark, it has to be quite a mansion. To get our money back, we would probably have to confiscate his house." Randal shrugs and continues: "And, as I said, we have really no interest or use for a "summer cottage" in the mountains."

Lugash, Serei, Beleril, Armel, Tyrog, Kurik:

You take the same way until you arrive to the Castle Ward, where you split up to your destinations.

*Start Xael's time-warp-machine now* (you wouldn't be able to walk to other side of the city while the others have talked about a minute in the inn, but this speeds up the game.)

Lugash:

You arrive to the "helmite" temple, which is actually one friggin' huge stone cathedral dedicated to Torm, Tyr and Helm. The large double-doors are open, but there's not really that many people around at the moment. There are some armored guards at the steps to the temple, and a trio of robed priests stand near the doorway, each carrying the symbol of one particular god in his robes.

Beleril, Serei, Kurik:

You reach the bardic college by going through the "Melody mount walk" -tunnel, which gives a nice shortcut through the Mount Waterdeep's cliff. The college itself is a large mansion, which also works as a concert hall. You enter the mansion, and find yourselves in the concert hall, which is almost empty, only some people with various instruments playing whatever they fashion. A gnome dressed in fine clothes, carrying a very fine looking flute, approaches you. "May I help you?"

Armel, Tyrog:

The castle waterdeep is large, heavily fortified castle. You are directed to go through the courtyard, where numerous soldiers are training at the moment, and enter the castle itself. After entering the great hall of the castle, you are directed towards the office of the city watch, which is located in the right wall behind one door. After knocking the door, you hear a muffled voice: "Enter."

OOC: We can probably safely assume now, that ajanders isn't playing.

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Lugash

"Greetings, O Priests," Lugash says to the trio. "I'm in search of a paladin of Helm. Might there be one about?" Lugash smiles in an as friendly a manner as he can.

Snowtiger

First Post
Xael said:
Lugash, Serei, Beleril, Armel, Tyrog, Kurik:

You take the same way until you arrive to the Castle Ward, where you split up to your destinations.

*Start Xael's time-warp-machine now* (you wouldn't be able to walk to other side of the city while the others have talked about a minute in the inn, but this speeds up the game.)

Beleril, Serei, Kurik:

You reach the bardic college by going through the "Melody mount walk" -tunnel, which gives a nice shortcut through the Mount Waterdeep's cliff. The college itself is a large mansion, which also works as a concert hall. You enter the mansion, and find yourselves in the concert hall, which is almost empty, only some people with various instruments playing whatever they fashion. A gnome dressed in fine clothes, carrying a very fine looking flute, approaches you. "May I help you?"

[/B]
Beleril waits for Serei to give the "secret handshake or wave or whatever" to the Gnome..

ooc: Xael: You'll have to "NPC" Serei for me unless you want me to respond as Lazarus might.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Snowtiger said:
ooc: Xael: You'll have to "NPC" Serei for me unless you want me to respond as Lazarus might.

It's not like bards have stopped talking to other people. Beleril can do the talking. I have absolutely no idea how to play Serei.

Snowtiger

First Post
ooc: Ok, sorry if I goof Lazarus.

Beleril smiles at the Gnome, "Good day sirrah! My friend and I wish to consult with a Bard whom is conversant on current political affairs or current conflicts in the Sword Coast area. Could you direct us to such a personage? Oh, pardon me. My companion here is Serei, a bard of some renown herself. She is a collector and codifier of the old stories as well as being a linguistics expert."

shaff

First Post
Armel and Tyrog enter to watch office...
"Greetings sir. I am Armel, and this is my friend Tyrog. I would like to ask you a couple questions... number 1.. is there anywhere i could look for a list of warrants? Or, if you could just shorten my search altogether... is there anyone of notable "evil" living around these parts of the world? Anyone who the local watch isnt able to handle, so to speak? Anyone that you know of that owns a Mansion or fortification or large dwelling of some sort, that has had some type of unresolved conflict with the law of this fair city?"

Armel and Tyrog look around the room very carefully, takin special attention to important things around the room... Tyrog pays special attention to look for weapons in sight.

Remove ads