• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are there any LA +0 Tiny sized races?

Iku Rex

Explorer
brehobit said:
Is that for real? It would make a no-flighting cleric. +6 WIS? Dude. Other than that -2 to CON the character would be great.
It's for real. I even forgot the rather nifty 40 ft. move. :)

I like them best as druids, actually. Druids have a good selection of in-combat spells and they can use wild shape to offset the size and Str penalty.

They also make good ninja I imagine. Hard to spot and hard to hit. Use a crossbow.

Combo: Ninja(or monk)/Druid/Master of Many Forms.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Klaus said:
Nothing is as fearsome as a 2' tall bipedal squirrel decked in breastplate and acorn-shaped shield! :)

Well it helps if you fight a short monk with a large golden head and speaks broken english. :p :)

Machiavelli

First Post
I think the best part of a Tiny character is taking the Leadership feat, earning/hiring yourself some cohorts (or playing in a party of similarly Tiny characters), and forming a swarm. I read the swarm discussion here on EN a week or so ago, and I learned that the rules for swarms are some NASTY fun. :D

Of course, it MIGHT take a little bit of effort to find 299 cohorts or D&D players.

Last edited:

Fieari

Explorer
Bront said:
Don't forget that, being an animal, it can't have an Int over 2 :\
Players can't have an Int under 3, so players can't play as housecats. That's why I specified Awakened housecat, which is a magical beast, not an animal, has 3 HD (possibly 2) minimum from the spell, and has a bunch of negative things that by no means are balanced for its level. Which is why I suggested the -1 LA, potentially -2. Or just ask the DM if you can get rid of the racial HD.

Having no hands sucks, trust me. Wizard housecat? Better have eschew, because you can't manipulate material components. And still spell might be needed too, to make the propper gestures, but that might be arguable.

You can use no manufactured weapons at all, and have to stick with your natural claws... yes, you can get magic fang and improved natural attack, but what are you going to do at higher levels? You could always go monk, but it's not like monks are powerhouses anyway, and when you provoke an attack of opportunity for every strike you make?

Rogue would be the best bet, but then you're relying solely on SA damage... which a number of things aren't vulnerable to.

So, yeah. Being a housecat has more than enough downsides to warrant a negative LA.

shilsen

Adventurer
Nyaricus said:
Oh god! .sigged :lol:
:D

I've been threatening to unleash a swarm of rabid dire squirrels on my PCs for some time. I really need to try that in conjunction with the above sometime.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads