• Gamer

Votes: 227 77.7%
  • Reader

Votes: 65 22.3%

Seonaid

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I was in that situation for most of the oWoD, myself. :(
Yeah, I haven't even looked at any of the nWoD stuff. I'm told I wouldn't like it, so I'm not bothering. I love oWoD and it'd be fantastic if I suddenly fell into a big pile of money so I could buy all of the books. It'd also be fantastic if I fell into a great group. Oh well.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Gale,

I'm not sure but I thought in German, a gamer was a type of sandwich/food. I mean that's why no one (that knows proper German) says "Ich bin ein Americaner."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Seonaid said:
Yeah, I haven't even looked at any of the nWoD stuff. I'm told I wouldn't like it, so I'm not bothering. I love oWoD and it'd be fantastic if I suddenly fell into a big pile of money so I could buy all of the books. It'd also be fantastic if I fell into a great group. Oh well.
I actually used the transition to figure out what I really want. I don't want to play Lestat, I want to play Sam and Dean Winchester. So now, instead of looking for someone to play Vampire or Mage with, I want to find someone to play BtVS/Angel/Army of Darkness with. :)

Trickstergod

First Post
I run a rotation of games on Sundays based on player availability, one a DC-based Mutants & Masterminds game, another a Scarred Lands game.

Wednesday I play in a rotation of games with a current line-up of Advocate Percival, my Fraternity of Order diviner/lawyer in a Planescape game, Grigori Stanmir my Khard warrior for Iron Kingdoms, and then finally Meurin my Dark Jedi in a Star Wars d20 game.

I'm a gamer. I actually don't understand how most people could just read D&D books without actively using them, as I typically find them rather dry, boring reads that, even as a gamer, I'm reluctant to read through as I always feel I could be reading something better. I used to read the original World of Darkness books and gamed only rarely, but those were typically filled with setting rather than rules.

So, yeah. Gamer. If I wasn't gaming, I'd probably border on neither. I just don't find D&D books typically all that interesting to read through. If I wasn't using the books, I'd likely quit reading through them altogether.

Technomancer

First Post
jdrakeh said:
I'm a gamer when time, schedules, and finances fiance permit (which hasn't been often in the past four years or so). I'm a reader when they don't.

I'm in the same situation as James, with one slight difference.

Mycanid

First Post
Hmm ... much more of a reader, admittedly. I don't do much gaming nowadays - except maybe online or a comp rpg.

But I do get and read the books in my (rare) spare time.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Unless Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale counts as gaming, I'm stuck as a reader.

Reminder to self: I need to get back into pbp or pbem gaming. :/

Remove ads