• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are you a gamer or a reader?

Are you a gamer or a reader?

• Gamer

Votes: 227 77.7%
  • Reader

Votes: 65 22.3%

Seonaid

Explorer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I was in that situation for most of the oWoD, myself. :(
Yeah, I haven't even looked at any of the nWoD stuff. I'm told I wouldn't like it, so I'm not bothering. I love oWoD and it'd be fantastic if I suddenly fell into a big pile of money so I could buy all of the books. It'd also be fantastic if I fell into a great group. Oh well.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Gale,

I'm not sure but I thought in German, a gamer was a type of sandwich/food. I mean that's why no one (that knows proper German) says "Ich bin ein Americaner."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Seonaid said:
Yeah, I haven't even looked at any of the nWoD stuff. I'm told I wouldn't like it, so I'm not bothering. I love oWoD and it'd be fantastic if I suddenly fell into a big pile of money so I could buy all of the books. It'd also be fantastic if I fell into a great group. Oh well.
I actually used the transition to figure out what I really want. I don't want to play Lestat, I want to play Sam and Dean Winchester. So now, instead of looking for someone to play Vampire or Mage with, I want to find someone to play BtVS/Angel/Army of Darkness with. :)

Trickstergod

First Post
I run a rotation of games on Sundays based on player availability, one a DC-based Mutants & Masterminds game, another a Scarred Lands game.

Wednesday I play in a rotation of games with a current line-up of Advocate Percival, my Fraternity of Order diviner/lawyer in a Planescape game, Grigori Stanmir my Khard warrior for Iron Kingdoms, and then finally Meurin my Dark Jedi in a Star Wars d20 game.

I'm a gamer. I actually don't understand how most people could just read D&D books without actively using them, as I typically find them rather dry, boring reads that, even as a gamer, I'm reluctant to read through as I always feel I could be reading something better. I used to read the original World of Darkness books and gamed only rarely, but those were typically filled with setting rather than rules.

So, yeah. Gamer. If I wasn't gaming, I'd probably border on neither. I just don't find D&D books typically all that interesting to read through. If I wasn't using the books, I'd likely quit reading through them altogether.

Technomancer

First Post
jdrakeh said:
I'm a gamer when time, schedules, and finances fiance permit (which hasn't been often in the past four years or so). I'm a reader when they don't.

I'm in the same situation as James, with one slight difference.

Mycanid

First Post
Hmm ... much more of a reader, admittedly. I don't do much gaming nowadays - except maybe online or a comp rpg.

But I do get and read the books in my (rare) spare time.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
Unless Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale counts as gaming, I'm stuck as a reader.

Reminder to self: I need to get back into pbp or pbem gaming. :/

Remove ads