• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Are you happy with the coverage of 4e so far?

Are you happy with the official coverage of 4e?

• I'm happy with the coverage on 4e so far.

Votes: 45 26.9%
  • We're in the "sweet spot" of 4e coverage.

Votes: 12 7.2%
  • I'm not happy with the 4e coverage. We definitely need more info.

Votes: 75 44.9%
  • It's too early. Have some patience man!

Votes: 35 21.0%

No, I'm not happy at all, the PHB it is supposed to be ready in around six months but all we have is some bit of fluff (not even definitive) and little/nothing else. My impression is that WotC is just trying to build hype for 4D! releasing info drop to drop, but with me they are getting the opposite effect, I'm tired of 4D! discussion based on hot air, and that hot air is not even final and they could change it before release. I want to see some piece of confirmed crunch to see if what they are doing is worth it or not.

(it don't help that the ittle we have seen until now don't meet my personal taste, too)

Last edited:

catsclaw227

First Post
JVisgaitis said:
Right. I believe early access to publishers is around the new year. We probably won't see the SRD until the PHB hits store shelves.
And the news just keeps getting better.... :\

Wow, I really made some assumptions after reading only 2500 of the 10,000 posts on 4e. :p

charlesatan

Explorer
Just Another User said:
No, I'm not happy at all, the PHB it is supposed to be ready in around six months but all we have is some bit of fluff (not even definitive) and little/nothing else. My impression is that WotC is just trying to build hype for 4D! releasing info drop to drop, but with me they are getting the opposite effect, I'm tired of 4D! discussion based on hot air, and that hot air is not even final and they could change it before release. I want to see some piece of confirmed crunch to see if what they are doing is worth it or not.

Eight months actually. And those two months mean a big difference. I don't think they can drop anything definitive because the design process isn't complete yet!

Of course WotC is trying to hype people for 4E. That's part of the announcement and releasing previews. The same way you know, Paizo started releasing previews for Pathfinder back when Dragon/Dungeon was announced that the print run would end soon.

Confirmed crunch I think will start coming out in the new Dragon/Dungeon, and definitely when next year hits. In the meantime, 4E is still a long time away.

PatheticWretch

First Post
Gundark said:
They have definetly slowed down They went from 3 times a week to nothing. :\

I was just about to post on the same topic. While I really like what I've heard so far, I am dying for more information. Even something once a week would be better than the information drought we're in.

Novander

First Post
Okay, I wanted to yell "Not enough, give us more!" but that's just 'cause I want to know everything about 4E right now while I'm still enthused. But really I think the level of information we're getting is good, I just think they're giving the wrong information. A bit about Elves here, a playtest report there.. I'd much rather they did it White Wolf spoiler style and said "Right, this week (or month or whatever) we're going to tell you about the classes in the core book. Next month we're gonna go through some sample spells. After that we'll do races."

They shouldn't be telling us everything now, but I wish I knew what spoilers to expect. Like, they told us a bit about the changes to 4E Elves and Eladrin, now tell us a bit about how you've changed your Dwarves.

Remove ads