Arena of War (Gladiator Recruitment)

Phoenix8008

First Post
DM question to make sure you and I agree on how the Mounted Combat feat works. One aspect says this "You have advantage on melee attack rolls against any
unmounted creature that is smaller than your mount" (like the small goblins we're facing compared to my medium sized wolf). Since I have to use my action to instigate a melee bite attack from the wolf, wouldn't I get advantage on that wolf bite attack? I would imagine a war horse trained to attack in mounted combat would also get the advantage, et cetera. What would your ruling be on it though?

Phoenix8008

First Post
You both get pack tactics so the wolf would get advantage with you on it

How do we both get Pack Tactics advantage? I can see the wolf getting it on any melee attack, and Cade getting it from Mounted Combat feat against anything small sized or smaller. I don't see Pack Tactics giving anyone but the wolf itself the bonus. I thought maybe the wolf got the bonus from Mounted Combat feat as well, but if it's already getting it from Pack Tactics then I don't need to worry about it.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Re: Rolls not working

For what it's worth, I can see Shayuri's rolls just fine in my web browser on my PC, but when I use Tapatalk on my phone I just get the code.

So, it's been a while since I've left and come back, and apparently the ENWorld die-roller has changed. Last time I used it I had to go back and edit my post and click 'Include die roll' or something like that. While it's evidently not working perfectly atm, I'd still like to know how it's done now. Someone wanna educate me?

sithramir

First Post
How do we both get Pack Tactics advantage? I can see the wolf getting it on any melee attack, and Cade getting it from Mounted Combat feat against anything small sized or smaller. I don't see Pack Tactics giving anyone but the wolf itself the bonus. I thought maybe the wolf got the bonus from Mounted Combat feat as well, but if it's already getting it from Pack Tactics then I don't need to worry about it.

Sorry I wasn't clear (I was on phone).

Mounted combat feat will give you advantage on attack rolls on creatures smaller than wolf. So goblins are small and you will have advantage on your attacks. You can expend an action on your turn (instead of you attacking) to have the wolf attack. It has pack tactics and you are considered an ally within 5' so it will have advantage. No other creatures will have advantage due to the wolf unless they also had pack tactics (like another wolf). Does that clear it up? For this combat you or the wolf's attacks will get advantage on all the small size goblins.

sithramir

First Post
Re: Rolls not working

For what it's worth, I can see Shayuri's rolls just fine in my web browser on my PC, but when I use Tapatalk on my phone I just get the code.

So, it's been a while since I've left and come back, and apparently the ENWorld die-roller has changed. Last time I used it I had to go back and edit my post and click 'Include die roll' or something like that. While it's evidently not working perfectly atm, I'd still like to know how it's done now. Someone wanna educate me?

Interesting. I see roll values after the rolls now in my browser now. Definitely didn't see it from Tapatalk. Not sure if those were edited in later though? I actually have not used Enworld's dice roll so I have no clue how it works personally. So hopefully someone else can help clarify that? Since i'll check tapatalk sometimes it might be worth ensuring you put the value after it again unless there is a way to make sure it's seen from there.

I just use an online dice roller usually but Enworld's roller would be better. Someone else enlighten us?

Gourry02

First Post
I'm new to the site, so I'm only using the browser and even on my phone the rolls showed up for me. I have a dice Rolling app on my phone that I'm using atm. If you guys can figure the roller out I'll gladly switch to It.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Sorry I wasn't clear (I was on phone).

Mounted combat feat will give you advantage on attack rolls on creatures smaller than wolf. So goblins are small and you will have advantage on your attacks. You can expend an action on your turn (instead of you attacking) to have the wolf attack. It has pack tactics and you are considered an ally within 5' so it will have advantage. No other creatures will have advantage due to the wolf unless they also had pack tactics (like another wolf). Does that clear it up? For this combat you or the wolf's attacks will get advantage on all the small size goblins.
Okay, that's all correct except for one small thing. Cade's advantage from Mounted Combat feat only applies to melee attacks unfortunately, not ranged attacks like his shortbow.

Remove ads