Arena of War (Gladiator Recruitment)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, so...just to understand this...

Valya has been hit three times, and all three times were critical hits? That is straining credulity. :)

sithramir

First Post
I forgot to add it at the end since i'm at work but it was true. You had REALLY bad luck. My roller has never rolled a 20 for me until this round. It also rolled it on Drek once now. To be fair I've modified their damage prior to the start of the battle due to the sheer numbers of foes so it's less than the standard goblin.

I suggest another stunt of power next round as I ran morale and one goblin has already targeted another PC since and that might save your butt if they become truly scared. All I can say is sorry? :(

Phoenix8008

First Post
So, does anyone else have a secondary character they're going to try using, or am I the only one that's made one? (Actually, I haven't even finished my Monk yet. Hmmm) I'm tempted to switch out and try my Monk, I'd have to get him done quick though. Lemee see what I can do...

Also, I don't know what we should be asking for. Maybe healing potions? Cade only has one Cure Wounds spell left, and the first two didn't go so well...

Phoenix8008

First Post
I think I will switch over to Jade. Cade was just riding around and letting Silverback maul everything. Not as much fun as I thought. I'm gonna try something else for a bit. I'll lack as much XP as the others eventually, but that'll be okay.

sithramir

First Post
You can use your 4 HD to heal up also so make sure you use those before potions or other healing. If you aren't familiar with 5E read up on it but basically you can roll your HD for each level once per long rest to heal up some wounds. Useful to save spells/potions between battles. The new bard being around also gets an ability which I believe adds 1d6 to each persons healing on a short rest. If you stay in that area where he's at you can use that advantage as well.

You will be able to get 4 healing potions total. They will be placed on the table by Temenon and i'll let you sort that out. There are some NPC's with minor healing if you ask around as well. Some of that might become more relevant after today when more battles begin. I'm probably only going to put in one or two more for the "day" for the learning curve as this gets full steam.

I gave you a somewhat monster first battle to try to get the feel of each other some also. Keep in mind that "today" might not have as many battles but it's expected there will be up to 8 battles in a day with 2-3 short rests max, etc. The behind the story of that (which might have become obvious now) is total kills was awarded which got Valya a shiny ring.

Chapter 1 is where you're just tested (kind of think of it as culling out the weak). You'll shortly enter Chapter 2 which will be a different arena with newer and sometimes different challenges as well.

Any type of armor or weapon can be gotten from the racks as needed.

As soon as you are all ready I will place the next map. I"ll put in some other NPC stuff in shortly trying to build up for the next portions as well.

Axel

First Post
Are you still looking for fresh meat...I mean new recruits? I've got so many 5e character concepts buzzing around my head this seems the perfect place to test 'em all out.

Remove ads