Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

"I found my husband in his study," she says, standing up. "This way."

On the way back, she pauses a moment when you ask about how she and her husband met. "He was about 10 years older than I was -- he was a post-graduate student, and I starting undergraduate in secondary education. I happened into him in the Commons... or better he happened into me, and my lunch, and my favorite blouse." She has a distant look on her face, a wistful sort of melancholy. She opens up the study doors...

Much of the study is empty -- the only things really remaining are the desk and chair, but they don't seem to be in a normal place for working in this space -- they're across the way from the cabinets. The rime outline of a rug graces the floor, but it has been taken up, revealing nothing but the bare wooden floor. The bookcases and cabinets are mostly empty at this point. Otherwise the room is very musty.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

He drags long on the cigar again, and chuckles. "You needn't worry on my account."

Stepping forward, he cracks his neck. "Said your prayers?"

Velmont

First Post
Mordane76 said:
Much of the study is empty -- the only things really remaining are the desk and chair, but they don't seem to be in a normal place for working in this space -- they're across the way from the cabinets. The rime outline of a rug graces the floor, but it has been taken up, revealing nothing but the bare wooden floor. The bookcases and cabinets are mostly empty at this point. Otherwise the room is very musty.

If she is innocent, why would the crime have been made. Maybe someone wanted to erase all trace of some discovery he had make for his mysterious work. They may have search for some hidden safe.

"Generally, in a study, we keep many books, but your is pretty much empty, why? And do you know why the carpet's rime have been removed? And do you have any servant that work for you? And could they have been here while the crime happened?"

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
He drags long on the cigar again, and chuckles. "You needn't worry on my account."

Stepping forward, he cracks his neck. "Said your prayers?"

Shin makes the sign of a cross with his soaked rag covered fist. "Lord, grant me the strength to show mercy upon this poor fool, for he is slow witted and lacks good judgement."

He smiles broadly at the cigar smoker. "Okay, I'm ready now. Ladies first, of course."

ooc - Shin is still using the Full Defense action (Def 23). He will not throw the first blow. Should the cigar be tossed his way, he will consider it a hostile action...and will try to deflect it away from his legs by using his soaked fist.

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jonathan shrugs his shoulders at Adam's refusal.

"And the others wonder why I don't try to talk to others more often. Very well, if that is your choice there is nothing I can do to change it. If you change your mind we will be waiting for you."

Jonathan thinks about the suggestion from Mr. Valenz for a minute before replying.

"Very well. It would be interesting to see just what you do off the battlefield. But if you don't mind I'll travel there through my own powers. I should be able to keep up with a car in the city easily enough."

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

OOC: The rime of the carpet refers to the dusty/chalky outline that is left when a carpet that has been in place for years is taken up. The carpet is missing -- the rime is still there. I'll answer your questions with that in mind.

"The police took a lot out of the room; they even pulled up the carpet, but it was covered in blood... they took it all as evidence. After the police came, people from my husband's office came and pulled out almost everything else. What few books and things they did leave I had Thaddeus box up and take to the attic.

Other than Thaddeus, we have a cook and a maid. Only Thaddeus has a residence on the premises. The police questioned him as well, but you're welcome to speak with him if you'd like; Thaddeus wasn't in the residence, though -- he was in Boston, visiting his brother and their family for his mother's funeral."

Mordane76

First Post
Jonathan and Adam

Splendid, Mr. Priest," Mr. Valenz exclaims. "We're always looking for new recruits -- I know you're still firmly 'doing the Lord's work,' but at least you'll have a chance to see our operation and see that all this battlefield nonsense is really just that."

Reaching into his vest pocket, he pulls out a business card. "This is my card, and the residence to where I'll be transporting Mr. Hylund. Please join us at your earliest convienence -- it's just across town," he says, as a sleek black Lincoln pulls up at the front of the warehouse. "That's our ride. We'll be there shortly, Mr. Priest."

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Chuckling, he takes another drag on his cigar. "Charo taught me a trick yesterday," he says as he looks over his shoulders at the other boys. Tensing, he chomps down on the cigar, and stretches out one of his massive hands. "How about we warm this up a little," he says, and in his hand appears a... ball of fire?!

He wheels his arm back and flings the bolt of fire at you sidearm -- you slide left, and it drops just behind you into the puddle of liquid, which ignites. His friends start to hoot and hollar behind him, urging him forward.

Attack Roll (DC 23) = 21; misses.

Velmont

First Post
Mordane76 said:
OOC: The rime of the carpet refers to the dusty/chalky outline that is left when a carpet that has been in place for years is taken up. The carpet is missing -- the rime is still there. I'll answer your questions with that in mind.

OOC: Thanks, more words to my vocabulary now :)

"The police took a lot out of the room; they even pulled up the carpet, but it was covered in blood... they took it all as evidence. After the police came, people from my husband's office came and pulled out almost everything else. What few books and things they did leave I had Thaddeus box up and take to the attic.

Other than Thaddeus, we have a cook and a maid. Only Thaddeus has a residence on the premises. The police questioned him as well, but you're welcome to speak with him if you'd like; Thaddeus wasn't in the residence, though -- he was in Boston, visiting his brother and their family for his mother's funeral."

While listening, Thomas walk round the room, looking more near the detail of the room. (Search +10)

Some motivated guys. Taking all the books. Picture would have suffice as proof with a few books. Is it zeal, or is it something to hide? If they are proofs, I will need to look at them.

"I'll talk to Thaddeus. If you confirm he was in Boston, I doubt I will be able to find something from him, but we never knows. But before, let's me take a look at the content of the box, please"

Remove ads