Armageddon: Rise of the Nephilim -- IC

Mordane76

First Post
Adam (w/Jonathan Watching)

WizWrm said:
As he speaks, Adam takes on a more serious expression, allowing the flames encircling his hands to subside. When the visitor offers to demonstrate his abilities, Adam nods and says, "Please do."
He nods. Focusing a moment, his skin begins to darken, and suddenly liquefies into a roiling puddle of black ooze. He slinks about with an astonishing grace, rising up into a terrifying tide of humanoid oil, which rapidly resolidifies into his form.

"I have mastered several other forms, and have recently begun working on more exacting alterations in shape and appearance," he says as his body finishes hardening.

WizWrm said:
Adam cocks his head and asks, "And you say there are others like me - like us, I mean. If that's true....I'd be astonished, but with the crazy things I can do....that is, this puts a little order back into my world, if that makes any kind of sense."

"Tell me about your offer, I guess, and your organization. And tell me about myself, since you seem to know at least as much as I do. How is it, exactly, that we can do these things, Mister, ah...?"

"I understand completely -- knowing you're not alone in your uniqueness makes it all seem a little... more normal," he says with a slight blush. "My name is Mr. Valenz, and our offer is fairly straightforward. We're inviting you to come join us; we offer training in the control and advancement of your special abilities, and information about what our organization has thus far discovered about the origins of our abilities. All we ask in return is your commitment to the organization and to protecting fellow members from those who would wish to bring harm to our kind."

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Rybaer said:
"Look," he says, "I'll try not to make things worse if they come around again. Don't know if I'll succeed, but I'll try."

In his mind, Shin really wishes he could track the punks down and teach them a more thorough lesson. He realizes that it would bring himself down to their level or worse, though. The fine line between doing something good and evil. He wishes that line was easier to discern.

"I know you will, Shin," Mr. Martin says, and stands up from his desk. "Let's just get this place closed up for the night and get home."

Out in the store front, things have quieted down -- the cashiers are counting out for the night, the doors are locked, and Mr. Martin is telling the stockboys what to bring out for the shelves. As Shin goes out to slide the gates down over the storefront, he hears the familiar cat-calls of the boys from earlier coming from down the street. One of them lobs a bottle in Shin's direction, which shatters just short of his feet... what is that smell?

Drakknyte32

First Post
Jonathan wondered a bit about this man. He was a remarkably smooth talker, not at all like the demons he was used to, if he even was a demon. But then he was used to fighting his forces on the battleground, not listening to them debate. Perhaps it would be best to find out just who he is.

OOC:
Telepathy check. Trying to find out as much information about the talker as I can. Depending on the duration of the conversation I will try to make several checks.

WizWrm

First Post
Adam nods slowly. "All right, I'll come with you. I don't have anything to lose, nor do I have much else to do...this commitment isn't necessarily permanent, is it?" He shrugs at whatever the answer is, knowing that even if it were, given his powers, he could probably find a way to escape, should he ever desire to do so.

As they travel*, Adam says, "You mentioned 'those who wish to bring harm to our kind.' Who did you refer to?"

[*if it's not a teleport or other unusual circumstances]

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Mordane76 said:
Out in the store front, things have quieted down -- the cashiers are counting out for the night, the doors are locked, and Mr. Martin is telling the stockboys what to bring out for the shelves. As Shin goes out to slide the gates down over the storefront, he hears the familiar cat-calls of the boys from earlier coming from down the street. One of them lobs a bottle in Shin's direction, which shatters just short of his feet... what is that smell?

Shin looks down at the shattered bottle. He doesn't mind if people try to bully him...it's only when other people are bullied that he gets really peeved. Tonight, however, these guys are really grinding his nerves raw. And besides...they're not technically in the store.

Just play it cool, he keeps telling himself.

Shin walks slowly and purposefully in the direction of the punks. His nerves are wired, but he has no fear from the likes of these. He reaches down within himself and taps that extra level of power...just in case it is needed. (Spend hero point to activate regeneration for the encounter.)

"Hey kids," he calls out, waving in a friendly manner. "Y'all ran away like little sissy girls before I got a chance to tell you just how cool I think you are. Really. I mean, you're so bad-ass cool that I can only hope one day I'm worthy enough to shine your new rims. Perhaps you could teach me how to half as bad-ass as y'all? And maybe if I say 'pretty please' you'd even show me that sissy girl running away act you guys have down so well."

(ooc - Shin will be using total defense action for now, bringing his defense up to 23. He won't throw the first punch. His speech is intended to be both provocatory and intimidating. Intimidate +9)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Mordane76 said:
"That will be fine," she says. She finishes up your paperwork quickly. Standing, she picks up her things, and starts towards the door. "We should get a move on -- it's getting late, Mr. Ford."

"In that case, I'll follow you. And please, call me Thomas, I hate Mr Ford, make me think I am a car guy, and I don't like that."

On that, he put the papers in drawer, take his keys and open the door of his office to let the Lady pass before him.

Mordane76

First Post
Adam w/Jonathan

"Permanency isn't something we're about, Adam," he says, "but we hope that once you've joined us you'll find out company, our assistance, and our policies to your liking."

He pulls out a phone and dials a number. "Send the car around, please -- we'll be ready to go in a few minutes," he says with authority, and hangs up.

"Those who would do harm to us," he says as he starts towards the door, "are an organization of individuals that have discovered some of the secrets about our kind as well -- and have turned some like us to their cause. They have a habit of pressing supernaturals into their service, telling them that they are doing 'the Lord's work.' Are you religious, Adam," he asks.

Mordane76

First Post
Shin

Some of the boys are a little shaken, except for one of the boys in the back. He starts to stand up... hey... wasn't he already standing before?

He gets to his feet... standing a full head, shoulders, and upper torso above the others.

"You really got issues, vato," he says in a booming voice. "You gonna shine real nice here in a minute," he says, pulling out a book of matches.

Last edited:

Mordane76

First Post
Thomas

Velmont said:
"In that case, I'll follow you. And please, call me Thomas, I hate Mr Ford, make me think I am a car guy, and I don't like that."

On that, he put the papers in drawer, take his keys and open the door of his office to let the Lady pass before him.

"Alright, Thomas," she says.

She hops into a sporty little coupe, and drives, with you following, out into the hills. Pulling up to a well-appointed drive, she stops the car in front of a very large home. She hops out of the car and a older gentleman comes out to meet her, takes the keys, and finishes driving the car around the back of the house.

She waits for you to get out of the car, and motions you inside. Leading you into the parlor, she motions for you to sit. As you do, the gentleman who parked the car appears in the entryway of the parlor. "Chevis, Thaddeus, and whatever Thomas would like, please," she says.

Last edited:

WizWrm

First Post
"Not particularly. I go to church some of the time," Adam says cautiously, following the Mr. Valenz towards the door, "and I guess I'd call myself a Christian, but I never really spent time thinking about it. Why? Is your organization religious?"

Remove ads